The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 18th, 2011, 11:13

Default My best friend died...

My mother passed away on 11th of August this year the family dog was absolutely devastated as were we all. She just was so lost without my mum and sadly passed away on the 29th of August, I strongly believe she died of a broken heart...she had been a healthy and happy dog up until then.

To say I was devastated by these losses is an understatement. Within a month I had lost my two best friends. I was struggling as it was to deal with losing my mother and my dog was helping me take my mind off things and then she just decided she couldn't go on and left me too.

I have lost a dog before and that was painful but I think the timing of this one and how quickly it happened makes it all the more difficult to take. I miss hearing her clicking up and down the hallway, I miss her back and I miss kissing her furry little head.

My only solice comes from the fact that she is hopefully reunited with mum. Can anyone offer any advice?
Old December 28th, 2011, 17:45

I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with two losses so close to each other. I lost my wee cat 2 days ago and am struggling to come to terms with the loss. I don't have any words of wisdom apart from i have felt talking it out with other animal lovers seems to help a bit and trying to fill the time that i would have spent doing things for or with my cat with other things.
I really hope things get better for you and i'm hoping for your sake and mine that time really is a healer.

Kerry x
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:04

it is hard to know that you have lost your two closers, I have also lost doggy in last month, I canít explain that how much I am missing itÖ I can understand how much badly you are feeling.