The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 8th, 2012, 14:19

Default Lost My Soulmate

On sunday march 4th i had to have my special 13 year old border collie called lillie put to sleep. she had kidney problems and arthiritis, she had struggled for a while but always wanted to keep going. up until last friday she was still wagging her tail and barking.on saturday morning she was really sick and couldnt stand, i took her to the vet who said see how she goes over the weekend. she didnt want to eat or drink and couldnt stand, i slept downstairs with her and all night hoped by morning she would of improved but she got weaker. on sunday i took her to the emergency vets and we had to let her go. im devestated, she was my reason to get up in the morning and i spent all my time with her, i just cant cope without her. i keep crying and just want to stroke her. my main fears are what if she had got better and i let her go and also what if after she was put sleep she woke up, i have all these fears, i cant sleep, so sad. any advice would be appreciated, many thanks.
Old March 9th, 2012, 16:08

Hi, Lilli is now at peace and out of pain, and she knows you loved her dearly, and she will always be in your heart. Please dont feel guilty, or that you could have done more.
I know exactly how you feel as I felt the same when I lost Holly. No reason to get up, a feeling of emptiness, loss and wondering if there was more I could have done. Have faith, the pain will ease.
Lilli will always be with you as Holly is with me, I wish you comfort in your grief and take care,
Animal Lover