The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 7th, 2012, 01:32

Unhappy Loss of my chum Bubble

As I sit here in floods of tears, I feel the need to write about my beloved cat Bubble, who died yesterday.
I rescued him around 12 years ago, I remember the day clearly when he came up and let me rub his chin. We have seen many changes over this time. Introduction of other cats (and later dogs) to the household (which you weren't too happy about!). My partner moving in and our daughter Phoebe coming along. We have moved house a few times and you have been the most faithful friend along the way.
Still in good health (at around 14) however, you were a little stiff from time to time. I can only presume that this was the reason you didn't get out the way of the car.
I can only say how sorry we are that we did not try harder to find you. I am so sorry you were on your own in the freezing temperatures while you slowly slipped away. Bubble was found in our neighbours garage with a head injury, they took him to the vets, however, he then passed away.
I am so sorry I wasn't there with you darling. I hope you are at peace and I will see you someday. X X X