The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 30th, 2012, 21:09

Default Heartbroken after losing my pet rabbit

Lumpy chose us. She was living with a neighbour who was mistreating her and, a long story later, came to live with us. She was horrible when she moved in, aggressive and miserable, but it wasn't her fault she was so distrusting. Eventually over time she came to trust and love us and turned into the most sweet natured rabbit. And she loved me as much as I loved her.

Lumpy died last night. And I am heartbroken.

It hasn't been the easiest of times. My father died before Christmas, joining my mum who died 9 years ago. My relationship with my sister is irretrievably broken (really, she has behaved unforgivably). My job is at risk of redundancy and my husband will be out of work next month. I cannot have children and my bunnies are my babies.

Losing my beautiful Lumpy has been the hardest of knocks to bear. She was an amazing girl, loving us when she really had no reason to trust us horrible human beings. I held her in my arms as she began to fit and minutes later her heart stopped. She knew she was loved.

I can't stop crying and miss my gorgeous girl so much. She had been out in the garden on Thursday evening and was so happy, binkying around and eating lots of grass. We had only had her for 18 months, it wasn't nearly long enough.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:53

hi so sorry you are sad i read your other threads and you have been through such a lot i am sorry also that you haven't been able to resolve your problems with your sister i feel sad about that as sisters and brothers are the only people who you can talk to about all your past as they went through it all with you to reminice about mum and dad and when you were a child i think you have tried and it's sad the outcome has not been different
little lumpy you saved from a terrible life and gave her the chance of living in a happy home where you all loved her it's always really sad when our pets die i hope you can feel proud that you gave happiness to her and saved her from this dreadful existence she was living in.
she was happy right until the end it says a lot about you to love an animal so much i hope you can find comfort in that her life so much happier with you
love hazel
Old July 3rd, 2012, 19:33

Default Sweet dreams Lumpy

Thank you for your message Hazel, and for reading my other posts. I've found this forum very therapeutic and the responses that I have had from people that I have never met have really helped. How lovely you people are that take the time to read what I have written and send messages of support, you are all wonderful people and I thank you x