The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Death by suicide
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 8th, 2011, 22:44

Default Disbelief

If someone had told me 4 weeks and 4 days ago that I was going to be widow I would never have believed them. After 30 years together my husband killed himself and our daughter found him dead. I now look at photos taken just this past Christmas (his birthday) and wonder what went wrong? How am I going to be able to get over this tragic loss? He was only 53. And now he is going to miss walking his daughter down the aisle at her wedding someday and seeing his future grandchildren. The guilt I feel overcomes me sometimes. Why didn't I see it coming. The morning before he killed himself I had asked him to leave. I told him that I loved him and he loved me but I needed a break to figure things out. He told me I was his whole world and not to do this. I simply asked for a break, not for him to kill himself. I feel so desperately guilty. Why didn't I see this was going to happen?
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:32

Hi Kas, I am so sorry you are feeling like this. Please don't feel guilty you did nothing wrong here. I always find that in most suicide cases the individual is ill in some way. Emotional upset can be as much an illness as say cancer. Its just a pity that he didn't seek comfort by talking it over with someone first.

I will pray for both you and your daughter. How is your daughter?
You will both feel a range of emotions, from grief to anger. What you need to do is understand each other and talk things through. This is a good forum to chat and seek comfort.

God bless you both
Tom
Old July 4th, 2015, 16:51

re posted x
Old July 5th, 2015, 11:56

re posted x