The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Death by suicide
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 7th, 2013, 17:39

Default my daughter

Hello all.

My daughter Julia took an overdose of drugs almost 3 weeks ago she is still with us but in a coma I am in the most awful limbo praying for her to wake up, these last weeks have been agony. we have been told that the likelihood of her regaining consciousness is slim due to how long she has now been in a coma and if she does wake up could be brain damaged.
I still cant believe it. even though I knew she was depressed I never expected any one of my family to do this. Im blaming myself for everything as I knew she was extremely depressed and didnt do anything, she was crying out for help for so long all the signs were there. she'd always say things like she wouldnt be here much longer but I always just thought she meant she was going to move out not do this.
I hope I am posting in the right place, Im not usually one for writing down my feelings but I just dont know what to do. This is the only site I could think of to post in as Julia used to come on here often, I remember her showing me poems and posts from this site. I didnt want to post myself then but I did find some of the poems lovely. I think it helped her coming on here after the loss of my husband over two years ago but sadly not enough.
I really just want this nightmare to be over, I just pray everyday that she'll wake up but what if she is brain damaged? What if she'll be in an even worse mental state than before the overdose? I just cant believe this has hapened.

Fiona
Old July 7th, 2013, 21:06

Hello Fiona

I will pray for you and daughter.

I found a lot of good advice here after my mom passed. I am sure your daughter found some solace here also.

The members of this site are very kind and will provide support

Perhaps you could also talk with the hospital chaplain or representive of your faith.

Cammy

Last edited by Cammy : July 7th, 2013 at 21:24.
Old July 8th, 2013, 16:03

Message deleted.

Last edited by j's daughter : March 14th, 2014 at 16:51.
Old July 8th, 2013, 16:39

Thankyou cammy and j's daughter.

I thought she seemed better recently, I don't know what happened to make her do this I know she was struggling in the begining with the death of her dad and things werernt going that well for her but i thought she had come to terms with it now. worst thing is I know this is the last thing she'd want to end up like this, I know she just wanted to go and not be left like this. I just sit by her bed stroking her hand everyday and talking to her willing her to wake up and be ok and we can make a fresh start and get her help.

Shes my only daughter I had such hopes for her that she'd be a success and perhaps meet someone and get married and have children (she always told me this wouldnt happen but I always hoped as she was still young). but all i really wanted was for her to be happy guess thats what any parent wants for their kids. She left a note saying part of the reason she did this was for me because id be better off without her and that everyone hated her i just want her to wake up so bad so i can tell her its not true at all. i know we had our ups and downs but i knew she would one day be back to her normal self before her depression took over.
Old July 13th, 2013, 19:32

Message deleted.

Last edited by j's daughter : March 14th, 2014 at 16:51.
Old July 19th, 2013, 13:24

There is still no change with my daughter. I only have a small family there is just my sons and my elderly mother for support, we are all doing the best we can. My mother is distraught as Julia and her were very close and saw each other all the time. I do have quite a lot of friends but don't like to talk to them about it. Thank you for asking about me and my daughter.
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:19

Fiona: I'm so sorry to read about your daughter. Living a life in pain does things to the brain that no one can answer. There's nothing anyone could do to take the pain away therefore she chose to take the pain away herself. And she didn't mean for her family to suffer like this. My heart goes out to you and your family. May God bring you some kind of peace.

Jacquie
Old July 20th, 2013, 14:36

Fiona

My prayers and thoughts are with you at the time, stay strong and think positive thoughts. I know it is easily said than done, but be brave.

We are all here to help and support you and your family.

I will light a candle for you and your family tonight x

Karen
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:01

Thank you karen and jacquie. I feel so guilty because I think I should have seen this coming. She's my baby, she might be twenty-five but I had her a long time after my other two children so she is the baby of the family and she's always lived with me. I go over and over how I should have known something was wrong. The house is so unbearably lonely and eerie it was bad enough when I lost my husband but now it's awful. Just a few years ago my house was full of life with all my kids still living at home and my husband. Now my adult sons have moved out, I lost my husband and now this. I have only the dogs for company. I cant believe how my life has changed so much for the worst in the past few years I never could have seen this coming before. just want her to come home.

Last edited by praying : July 24th, 2013 at 12:09.
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:10

Fiona: There is no way you could have seen this coming. Your daughter probably did an excellent job of hiding her feelings. She chose not to share this part of her life. There is still hope for her and for you. Don't give up on what you want to see happen. Prayers for you and your daughter.

Jacquie