The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 8th, 2008, 00:25

Default Best Friend

How many Best Friends you are having with whom you can share everything?And have you ever broke friendship with anyone?
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:52

I had a very close friendship just seem to dissolve over the years, and I'm not sure exactly what happened. We haven't spoken, but there's no bad blood that I'm aware of. It's very strange how that happens.

I think it's partly because we've moved on in different directions of our lives.
Old March 20th, 2008, 09:53

I've had a few best friends who I lost touch with over the years. They were mostly school friends who I lost contact with when I went to high school, college, etc.

I think people just grow apart and begin to have new interests. I heard this quote on an older sitcom where 2 friends from high school met up and tried to be best friends despite their differences. The quote was something like, "You're trying to hold onto the friendship because you've been friends for 20 years, but really you were friends 20 years ago."
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:29

I met my best friend in grade school. As life has progressed there have been times when we haven't talked for months or laid eyes on each other in years.

Yet, one phone call is all it takes from one of us in need for the other to come running. It's the best feeling in the world. Boyfriends, husbands, parents; we've watched them come and go. But they are different. We were meant to hold each other up through eternity.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:34

My best friend died very unexpectedly seven years ago. I still haven't gotten over it. Sometimes the grief is manageable, but other times I hurt just as much as I did when I first lost her.
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:30

I only have one person I can share everything with and that is my boyfriend. He is the only person I am comfortable telling my secrets and my fears.
Old March 28th, 2008, 07:40

I'm 33 now and ive had alot of close friends in my time but 2 years ago at the height of my depression, my husband was away for the weekend and i thought i was going to do something silly to myself and for some unknown reason i remembered a work colleages email address and , i only knew this girl to say hiya to and have a casual chat and i ended up emailing her absolutely everything about how i was feeling and stuff.

To this day i have no idea why i did that or why i remembered her email address but we now best friends and i honestly consider her, Joanne, my earth angel.

Obviously my husband is my other best friend and i have one male best friend, pete, he's like the male version of Joanne.

Those three people are the only people in the world that i trust 110% amd i would quite happily lay my life on the line for them x
Old January 19th, 2009, 15:33

Default When a best friend goes, find relief in looking BEYOND the earthly plane

BEYOND
Beyond all thought and inner knowing,
Fear, anger, grief, loneliness and pain;
Beyond earthly sight, sound and comprehension
There lies a place where all souls meet again.

A world of warmth, light, love and healing,
From where each soul undertakes its earthly quest,
And returns after many trials and tribulations
To find comfort and healing, blessedness and rest.

Here the answers to all its questions
Are gently shown, with sympathy and grace.
Once again the soul knows its oneness with all life
And that there is no death and that
All worlds and beings will always be
Safely enfolded in God’s loving embrace.

Tricia Sturgeon
Edited by Aquarius
From Stella Polaris Oct/Nov 2008
Magazine of the White Eagle Lodge
New in 'Comfort for the Bereaved'

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:20

I have two best friends and I share everything with both friends. They are my best friends from childhood. We had studying together. I never broke my friendship in future with all my friends.
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:14

Default Why do we get depressed?

The deeper our spirit once moved into the experiences of Earth life and the more our earthly self developed its individuality, the weaker our link with the Source of our being grew. Although the recollection of this state gradually faded into the background of our conscious awareness, it was never lost altogether. The more intensely the small self suffers on the Earth plane, the stronger it feels its soul’s longing and yearning to return to its original state of Heavenly bliss, into the union with the One.

To ease our way home, the sadness and the suffering of our world need to be alleviated by an ever growing inner awareness that they are an essential part of every soul’s individual growth process. To enable us to move on to new experiences, we have to learn to let go of people, places, situations and their memories. The doors of the past need to be closed before we can fully enter the ones that are waiting to open for us today, but take heart because no experience ever comes our way for nothing. All of them together contribute to the way we handle the events that are before us now.

Every single day the Universe offers us all many chances for learning and growing, so that we may fully become our true self again. Through all its experiences the human soul gains new understanding and wisdom that helps it to progress in its personal evolution. Each has their own particular path to walk that is like no other. Our experiences are ours alone and there is no need to envy what someone else receives. For all of us life is constantly unfolding simultaneously and we all receive that which we truly need, at any given moment.

Sometimes pain is necessary to help us forward, but let us not begrudge it. Today’s suffering may bring us the pleasure of tomorrow, so with joyful hearts let us accept the unfolding of God’s Great Plan in our lives. The human inner self has a goal, which is the return to its true nature and the oneness with God. To reach this state, the experiences of the past must be left behind, so that with each new day that which is before us can lead us a step closer to our final destination.

From ‘Why Do We Get Depressed?’

‘Overcoming Depression and Suicidal Tendencies Through Understanding’
‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/