The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 15th, 2008, 05:25

Default I lost my child

Losing a child is hard for any parent, even talking about it can be hard enough. I lost my daughter three years ago. She was kidnapped from school. I will never forget that day when I was late picking her up and I couldn't find her. Til this day I feel as if it's my fault. It took about a year and a half to find her but when we did it wasn't the way I wanted it to be. My husband and I have grown apart and ove rthe years, I have fallen apart as a person. I don't think that I will ever stop hating myself.
Old January 15th, 2008, 15:22

I am so sorry for your loss. I think almost everyone here feels guilty about the loss of a loved one. My Grandma died, unexpectedly, 2 years ago. The whole family was called in the middle of the night to get to the hosp. After we got there, they removed life support & we stayed a little longer then everyone wanted to go, except me. They all told me there was nothing I could do & had my husband take me home. She died @ 6:07 a.m., 30 minutes after we left. I feel guilty that I let her die alone. I know there was nothing for me to do, but I still regret it. My point is, you are a human being, Nobody is perfect. There is no reason to feel guilty. The school should have known enough to keep her inside until you arrived. I am one of those people who believes things happen for a reason & whether you were there or not, you couldn't have done anything. I'm sorry if I sound uncaring. I don't mean to but I don't want to see you punishing yourself over something you had no control over. I do know that she is still with you. Please send me a private message if you ever want to talk. I can't imagine losing a child, but I will be here if you need to talk.
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:30

Beating yourself up is natural and it's something that you are going to do because you are human and you feel bad about losing your child but you have to also understand that things aren't usually controled by you. If you kive by faith then you know that GOD controls all that happens and with that said, he wanted your baby to come home. Allow him to walk with you and helo you heal your aching heart because you can't do it alone.
Old February 7th, 2008, 12:50

Default Sorry

Dear Extremely for sorry this and its very sad thing.Have u come to know who kidnapped your daughter?And why they done like this?
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:35

Crystal, It was terrible loss for you and never forgotten. Kidnapping cases are increased in that time and its really bad. I m so sorry for your daughter. You can trying to move on because life is very big. You should go to grief counseling group for deal with your grief. I understand your feelings and it was really awful time for you. I pray to God for give you strength and you are always in my thoughts. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for you.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:11

He sounds like a very special person.
Please don't dwell on what should have been. Remember and rejoice in the life he had. I can almost picture him - "Mum, make sure you start doing some things you enjoy - I worry about you."