The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Sudden, accidental or violent death
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 15th, 2011, 22:15
Default How do I continue with life

A little less than 6 months ago my husband felt a little ache in his lower left abdomin but over a course of 3 days it got worse, I took him to the ER 4 different times the first three times the ran every type of test possible they sent him home told him nothing they said he was fine but the fourth time I drove him over an hour to a different ER they figured out right away his gallbladder needed to be removed so I signed the papers for his surgery he was in the OR for 4 hours when the doc. came out he informed me that he was in a coma and not gonna make it. I had to call his mom and tell her to hurry 11hrs to see her babyone last time (he was the youngest of 4 kids and the closer bond with her than the others) she arrived the next morning and by that night I watched him take his last breath. As they were trying to bring him back they shocked him he lifted off the bed about 6inches the they was doing chest conpressions I seen them break a couple of his ribs and I could not take it any more I hd to stop them. I live every day with that running through my head, now I am responsible for two 5 year olds and a newborn that I was 5 1/2 moths pregnant with when he passed
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:46

Shalom in Yeshua 'whats left', I am so sorry for the pain and anguish you must be feeling. Know that I have already said a prayer for you and your family. I know it is difficult, but try not to focus on how he died, rather the beautiful times you had together as a family. Cling to these.

Have you any family of friends that can comfort you? If not and you need to talk do it here. We have all been affected by the passing of a love one and know how you are feeling. We are all willing to help you.

Immerse yourself into your children and comfort them. This will help you also. You all have something to look forward too and that's the new arrival.

May God bless you
Old October 29th, 2012, 13:59
Send a message via AIM to Countryastheyget Send a message via Skype™ to Countryastheyget
Default You have my condolences.

I'm sorry about your husband. Having to bring up 3 children by yourself has got to be trying. I'm sure his mother would be willing to help. Did you and her get along well? If so, maybe a change of scenery would help you, maybe you could move you and the children near their grandmother. Who knows, maybe you will meet someone who you think your husband would want you to raise his kids with. God never shuts one door without opening another. I just wish I could heed my own advice. Someone reminded me of Mother Teresa's saying, " God never gives us more than we can handle, I just wish He didn't trust me so much." Look in your children's eyes and you will see your husband every day I bet. Remind them of the wonderful & playful things he did. Make them laugh with a story of yours and his, exaggerate if you must, I don't think it would hurt. God bless you sweetheat, and your children too.