The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 1st, 2012, 23:39

Default I'm so lost

My daughter passed away almost 8 months ago and I really don't know how much better I am. I have 12 deaths starting with my daughter Samantha in March and I am just drowning. I've gone through a counselor until I was not getting anything else from it. I've talked with a wonderful priest from my parish and have gone through a grief group from my church and am still trying to get through the days. I'm tired of looking like I'm holding it together to get through work and family functions and have no clue what to do with the upcoming holidays. I still have another child at home that I can't forget about but I feel I'm totally spent. I need some serious prayers to give me strength to keep going. My husband is wonderful but he doesn't like to talk about it and my friends don't know how to help me. Please someone, give me guidance and the grace of God to find a way to make peace with all the turmoil in our lives. Please Jesus I give this to you to send help my way
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:29

Shalom in Yeshua (Jesus) Marion, welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering in this way. Please know that your request has been heard and that I have already said a prayer for you to be comforted.

It just doesn't seem right burying a child does it?. They should be doing the burying of us when we are old and grey! Please tell us about Samantha how old she was and what happened to her.

We all want to help you with this sorrow. You are not alone!

May God bless you
Tom
Old November 2nd, 2012, 17:53

Default standing with you in prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
My daughter passed away almost 8 months ago and I really don't know how much better I am. I have 12 deaths starting with my daughter Samantha in March and I am just drowning. I've gone through a counselor until I was not getting anything else from it. I've talked with a wonderful priest from my parish and have gone through a grief group from my church and am still trying to get through the days. I'm tired of looking like I'm holding it together to get through work and family functions and have no clue what to do with the upcoming holidays. I still have another child at home that I can't forget about but I feel I'm totally spent. I need some serious prayers to give me strength to keep going. My husband is wonderful but he doesn't like to talk about it and my friends don't know how to help me. Please someone, give me guidance and the grace of God to find a way to make peace with all the turmoil in our lives. Please Jesus I give this to you to send help my way
dear marion,i have just finished reading your very sad post, dear love my heart goes out to you, to lose your child, oh my love. i cant give you any words that will take your pain away but can be here for you, you still need to just be able to let out wahtever is in your heart. I am a believer too and believe in prayer, sometimes prayers arn't words just tears and growns so please if any wellmeaning church friends tell you not to weep then please dont take that in. We are a family here on forum and some of us do pray and your post will be read and answered, everyone here has lost a precious love and want to help eachother as we travel through this grief. It always hurts my heart to say welcome to forum simply for the reason we are here but i offer a welcome to you.
I do believe that the Lord wants all people to know his love for each of us and i also believe He cries with us, I wish we had the answers as to why some have to return to God the Father whilst still young, we just dont get it do we love, but He has assured us that He will one day wipe away every tear from our eyes and that His angels even collect them. Maybe God will explain things to us one day. I know that these things dont help us right now, oh how we have longed to turn back time, how we would give anything to change what has happened. When i first came to forum in march i was in such a state of grief, confusion, anger, fear and shock i didnt know where to turn, it seemed that nobody understood and of course they dont, everyone will cope with a loss in a different way but here i found kindred souls who were happy to listen even cry with me, maybe our Lord Jesus led you here dear friend, maybe we can be here for you in some way. Would it help you to tell us your story, tell us all about your daughter? You must do whatever is right for you and we will be here.

My prayer for you dear marion is for the Lord to enable you by His Spirit to allow Him to hold you and comfort you and give you His peace. For you to allow Him to carry you through this painful time and give you His strength. He promised to be with us through the storms of life, please allow Him to carry you through.

Dear marion, i dont know if one can ever recover from the loss of a child, i have a close friend who is a minister, she lost her 21 year old son one week before his wedding day, he had a heart defect from birth that wasnt known about. She and her vicar husband have come to a place of peace now but they believe that they will see him again one day and that gives them strength. My mum used to say to us 6 kids when we were small that each person has a lit candle in heaven at birth, some have very tall ones and some have very short ones, just a little thing that a mum might say. oh how i wish we all had the answers dear love.

Would you keep intouch and come and talk whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, probably cry with you, we are to weep with those who weep arnt we? I will take you to the Lord daily until He says not to, hope this will be ok.

God bless you.

chrissie. xxx
Old November 2nd, 2012, 18:46

Default So sorry x

Dear m
So sorry to read your sad loss , you are doing so well with what you have been through , I know it's so hard for us all on this site where do the months go . The pain don't seem to fade does it , keep strong wishing you well xx mart
Old November 9th, 2012, 18:19

Thank you for your good wishes. I know things will get better at some time but at times I just don't want too. I'm trying to stay positive and come here or to a support group when it's just too hard. Thanks!
Old November 9th, 2012, 19:36

hi marion you are right when our grieving is new we don't want the pain to go away i felt just the same i needed to feel it for a long time you arn't alone in thinking this way it's one of the phases of grief from one day to the next how we feel can change we are thinking of you try to stay as possitive as you can
love hazelxx
Old December 10th, 2012, 22:29

Default I have cried and prayed for you several times today

Marion,

My heart truly goes out to you, your husband and son. I know the holidays are going to very hard on your family. I wish I could tell you how to get through them, but I don't know how I am going to make it through myself.

My 32 year old son passed away Nov. 8 unexpectedly. I have read all your post and can relate in so many ways. My Babie's Birthday is Dec. 21st. He will always be my baby. The same as my 19 year old son.

My son worked at the same company as my husband. Their Christmas Party is the 21st. I am not going because I will be a wreck. We are going to the beach for Christmas and eat hamburgers. I can't bare to do a traditional Christmas this year and not have his Birthday Party. I always made sure his Birthday was separate from his Birthday.

I read on here that you could make a quilt out of your child's clothes. I finally had the courage to start going through his clothes. I am wearing some of them now. I am going to make throw type quilts to give to some of his real close friends as well as one for each of us in our family. I hope this will be a way to heal in some small way. It will be a mission of love and that will help me to use my mind in a positive way. Right now I can't find any positives in anything.

I am always here for you. Just know we all are walking the same walk and it's the hardest walk we will ever take.

God Bless.
Ann
Old March 7th, 2013, 13:39

hi marion here is some poetry you requested i pray it may give you some comfort today
i will lend you for a little time
a child of mine he said
for you to love the while she lives
and mourn for when shes dead
it may be six or seven years
or twenty two or three
but will you, till i call her back
take care of her for me
she'll bring her charms to gladden you
and should her stay be brief
you'll have her lovely memories
as solice for your grief