The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Suicide prevention > Suicide prevention
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 18th, 2009, 12:30

Default Overcoming Depression and Suicidal Tendencies

Depression is another one of those mysterious conditions that thus far no-one appears to understand properly. It is likely to have plagued our race ever since human souls descended deeper and deeper into experiencing life in physicality. In its own right this illness is sure to have been the cause of much of the suffering and pain that thus far seems to have been an inevitable part of this existence. To this day, it is raging in our world and in spite of all efforts and research, conventional psychiatry has thus far failed to come up with effective treatments that brings not only genuine relief but also lasting healing to the sufferers.

I believe that we shall get no further here unless our search takes us into a different direction and that is onto the spiritual level of life and the realm of the human psyche. I do not mean this in the sense psychiatry uses this word. We shall start from the premise that first and foremost we are spiritual beings and the most important part of us is our spirit and soul. From time to time this part of everybody is temporarily encased in matter, and that not only during our present lifetime but a great many before.

This concept opens inner doors of understanding that have long been closed to human souls. One suddenly recognises that tucked away in the deepest innermost recesses of every soul there are bound to rest the memories of our true home and our – only seemingly – lost oneness with God. It then no longer comes as a surprise that for every soul, from time to time, such deeply hidden soul memories start to knock at the door of the consciousness of its earthly self, demanding to be looked at and released. This does not happen to create even more miseries for the earthly self but to remind it that Earth life is not all there is to its existence; that it also has a soul and that this soul is suffering because its earthly counterpart has lost its inner connection with its Highest or God Self.

The deeper our spirit once moved into the experiences of Earth life and the more our earthly self developed its individuality, the weaker our link with the Source of our being grew. Although the recollection of this state gradually faded into the background of our conscious awareness, it was never lost altogether. The more intensely the small self suffers on the Earth plane, the stronger it feels its soul’s longing and yearning to return to its original state of Heavenly bliss, into the union with the One.

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:11

Default soul mate and his final act

I lost my husband June 6 2009. 24 hours each day ,I think of him. He was only 55 years of age. A womderful companion oy 31 years.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:18

Default The Sailing Ship

Dear Barb - my most heartfelt condolences to your sad loss. Try to bear in mind that any loss on this side of life is a gain to the other side, the world of spirit to which your husband has been safely returned by the Angels. Try to imagine him as described in the following tale:

THE SAILING SHIP
AN ALLEGORY

Imagine in your mind’s eye, if you can, a sailing ship; after a long break on dry land it is getting ready to once again enter into the freedom of the oceans. It reveals great beauty and strength, as well as joy, as it opens its snowy white sails and offers them to the morning breeze. You are one of those left behind at the shore; sadly you watch the ship’s departure until all you can see of it is a speck of white cloud on the horizon where the sea meets the sky. A mournful voice close by says: ‘Ah, it’s gone!’

During the coming days you keep on wondering to yourself: ‘Where did the ship go?’ Finally, you come to the conclusion that this does not really matter because you know that wherever the ship may be now, it will be still as beautiful as it ever was and its mast and hull will be just as strong as when it left your shore. At that, as if in a dream, you sense that a voice is calling to you from some distant shore: ‘It has arrived safely; it’s here!’

Death is similar. Nothing changes with physical death; we still remain the same one we always were. Our feelings and desire are unchanged; it’s just that we have shed our physical body like an overcoat that had worn out. Eternity is now; every moment we live in this world and all others is part of eternity. Any loss on the Earth plane is the spirit world’s gain. On the other side of the veil of consciousness each death in our world is always a happy event, a rebirth and a homecoming. We are eternal beings of light; there is no death and we cannot die. It’s just that sometimes we gather our experiences, so that we may learn from them and grow, in different worlds; that’s all.

Roger Carswell
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

God bless and take care.
With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/