The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Suicide prevention > Suicide prevention
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 14th, 2008, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
about 80% of my time i feel worthless, i feel that the world would be better off without me and i could go up and be with my dad but i wouldnt want to wish how i feel just now on other people
Nicola, that's really sad - why do you feel that way? is it because you are grieving or do you feel that way anyhow? I am sure that there is nothing intrinsically worthless about you.

The world likes having you here, I would say!

Have a big hug from me ((xx))
Mandy
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:15

Hi Mandy, big hug is much appreciated !!!

I've always had problems with low or no self esteem but i have got so much better.

Its just at the moment, i am still really grieving for my dad, he only died on the 11th November last year. But in my heart i know that i have a great mum, 2 cool sisters, 2 amazing friends and my husband and 2 dogs that would be devasted if something happened to me.

I'll get there, if i don't my dad will strike me with lightening and tell me to get my backside in gear and start enjoying life.

I just get really down and then the words of a random stranger on the internet makes me realise what i have.

Thanks Mandy and its lovely people like you that make this world great !!! xx
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:56

Nicola, I really feel like everyone's life has meaning; that we touch people everyday and don't even realize it. By simply starting this tread you hae already given meaning to life, because you have engaged others and each of those people will be effected by the questions you proposed.

We all to often look for the "big meaning of life". It is hidden in the smaller things. They are what truely give life meaning.
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:39

I guess you're right, i'm just always the one putting myself down and stuff and i know its silly because i know i have people you love me and i love them.
Old March 14th, 2008, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
I just get really down and then the words of a random stranger on the internet makes me realise what i have.

Thanks Mandy and its lovely people like you that make this world great !!! xx
Ooh, how lovely! no worries, just don't you forget that you're special to lots and lots of people, just as they are special to you...

Mandy xoxoxox
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:18

Every life has meaning. People just need to be a good person, every thing you do has an effect on at least one person's life.
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:54

Whenever I've been really depressed, I always just cling onto the hope that it will get better. And it usually always does. So I just weather the storm so to speak until everything's better.
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:50

I'm a great believer in whatever doesnt kill you will make you stronger x
Old November 19th, 2010, 11:17

hi. this thread is old. and i have no idea if this forum even is used or not. i am having trouble in my life right now. i have not lost someone to death. but i have lost someone due to a breakup. i am finding it really hard to battle depression. this woman is the woman of my dreams and she has completely shut down on me and said she has to leave me. i am completely devastated.

one thing that gives my life meaning is my son. that's about it at this point.

this breakup is really getting to me and i find it hard to even get up in the morning. i go to bed, shut my eyes, and all i can see are images of her and us and it is haunting. i wake at 3am every night sensing some sort of connection to her. then i spend the rest of the morning with a panic and tense chest/hard breathing/stomach pain. i find i am anxious through the day at my job. i have moments of completely breaking down.

i just don't know what to do with myself. i feel lost.