The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a sibling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 6th, 2014, 15:15

Default sister died and now im mute

Hi my sister Chloe was 19 when she died. She'd been driving me to the cinema, we were going to watch "if I stay"....we never made it. Chloe's car was hit by a lorry. It was Chloe's mistake she'd taken a wrong turn into a one way road....anyway the lorry hit us....I woke up later in ICU without Chloe. Since that day, exactly a month today I haven't made a sound. The doctors say I'm mute...I'm not sure. All I know is I should've died with Chloe but I didn't....I'm glad and angry about that.
Old October 7th, 2014, 17:27

hi my friend i am so sorry for your loss of your beloved sister Chloe recovering from this dreadful accident will take some time and accepting the pain of loss i hope and pray you are getting all the help you need from the medical profession and family and friends The shock of what happened can cause the inability to talk take the advice from your doctors i'm sure they have ways to help you with recovery and how to cope with your grief when you are able i hope you can read the many helpful threads on here that show whatever we go through there is always hope for your future x
Old November 26th, 2014, 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post
hi my friend i am so sorry for your loss of your beloved sister Chloe recovering from this dreadful accident will take some time and accepting the pain of loss i hope and pray you are getting all the help you need from the medical profession and family and friends The shock of what happened can cause the inability to talk take the advice from your doctors i'm sure they have ways to help you with recovery and how to cope with your grief when you are able i hope you can read the many helpful threads on here that show whatever we go through there is always hope for your future x
Thanks Hazel.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you but I've had exams and doctors appointments and then I forgot my log in! I'm still to scared to talk. The doctors are saying that because I'm so scared it'll be harder for me to learn to talk again.
Old November 26th, 2014, 21:30

what are you frightened of ask yourself this question amd write it down if you arn't able to communicate by talking xx
Old June 24th, 2015, 17:36

Hi Corrie,

I, too, am so, so sorry for the loss of your sister, Chloe. I can't imagine a more devastating experience than the one you described. May your heart be filled with the joy and certainty that she is watching over you now and will always be right by your side when you need her. Chloe isn't gone ... she's just in a different place right now ... and it was her time. We have to accept the wisdom of God and know that she is with Him now, perhaps because she already had learned enough on this planet.

When I was in my early teens, I was also traumatized enough by a specific event that it left me unable to use my voice. I withdrew into a world that I never thought anyone would ever understand. I was afraid to speak because I was sure that if I did, all hell would break loose.

I'm glad that you found this forum and are able to write about your feelings. That is the first step to healing, I think.

Marjatta