The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 14th, 2019, 08:38

An Eye For An Eye

To stay a little longer with ‘The visiting of the offences of the fathers upon their children’, as the Lamsa Bible calls it, we shall investigate the possible esoteric meaning behind these words. From where we stand now, it is not hard to recognise that they are yet another one of the many hidden references to the law of Karma contained in the Bible. For my liking two of the most outstanding of them are: ‘As you sow, so you shall reap’ or ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth!’ These two quotes on their own are excellent definitions of the Universal law of Karma, the law of cause and effect that operates throughout the whole of Creation, and therefore also applies to every human soul throughout the whole course of its evolution, not merely on our planet.

All religions have at their heart spiritual knowledge that was given to our world through various teachers directly from the Source of our being. Such knowledge is called the Ancient Wisdom. For a very long time, the teachings of the Bible, the same as all other publications of this nature, have been trying to convey to us God’s Divine truth. The only snag was that each time some more of God’s wisdom was given to our world, humankind was still too young and unevolved to be able to grasp their underlying esoteric meanings.

As far as the law of Karma is concerned, there is historical evidence that, in the early days of Christianity, it was known and referred to in the New Testament, but that at a certain stage all references to it were removed from the Bible. There is no doubt in my mind that if there ever had been a Master soul by the name of Jesus, who walked the Earth in our midst, he would most certainly have known about the law and lived in perfect harmony with it. The story of his life needs to be understood as a myth and a legend and not as if it presented us with historical facts. It always has been an allegory about the various initiations every human soul eventually has to undergo when it comes to the end of its long journey of gathering and learning from its experiences on the Earth plane.

Only when this part has been completed successfully, can we find our way back home into the realisation of our true Divine nature and our oneness with God. The part of us that belongs to the Earth plane and is born here, the small earthly self, eventually needs to be nailed to the Cross of consciousness. Here it dies a slow and painful death, but without this process the higher Spirit or God Self cannot rise from the tomb of its incarceration in physicality. No matter how long all this may take for each one of us, we all get there in the end.

John Romer in his book ‘Testament – the Bible and History’ provides fascinating insights into the overall background of the Scriptures. He states that all references to the law of Karma were at some stage carefully removed and that this was easy in the days of the Roman Empire, as very few copies of the Bible then existed. One of the Roman Emperors’ wives was a very naughty lady who did not like the thought that her evil deeds should return to her in other lifetimes, as indeed they are sure to have done in the meantime. She is believed to be responsible for having all references to the law of Karma edited out of the Bible. That simple in those days, when the Roman emperors had unlimited earthly and spiritual power and could do as they pleased.

The various Bible quotes containing hidden references to the law, which remained part of the Scriptures, escaped because in those days nobody could recognise this. As we know by now, no-one and nothing is outside of the Universal laws; we and our lives have always been subject to them, the same as all other parts of Creation. Our ignorance of the existence of these laws never made one iota of difference. Being unfamiliar with them does not protect anyone against the fact that we all have to live with the consequences of our actions. All of them, be they good, bad or indifferent, unfailingly find their way back to us, as indeed they must – if not in the same lifetime, then in another. Whether we were as yet aware of this or not, every new lifetime presents each one of us with the same set of rules.

Depending on the level of spiritual maturity we have reached at any given time we choose ever more difficult tests and trials for ourselves. Only when one of us has well and truly mastered one specific lesson, are we allowed to move on to more advanced ones. The Universe is patient – it has so much time! It can afford to, for a human lifetime is but the twinkling of an eye in eternity. What we do not manage in this one, we shall be allowed to finish in the next and the next and then the next. However long it may take us, we shall be given the time. And whenever some of our old karma is catching up with us, we are looking at one of the offences of the fathers visiting his children.

Recommended Reading:

‘Myths and Legends’

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old May 2nd, 2019, 11:33

A Beam Of Starlight

With the help of the Christ Star and the Angels surrounding it everybody can do something for the healing of Mother Earth. Let’s join hearts and hands with them in prayer and focus our attention on the Christ Star’s light, the highest star and the brightest light in the whole of Creation. Concentrate on it for a while and absorb it by bathing in its radiance, then send it to all those who are affected by wars, acts of terrorism and all other types of crime.

Affirm:

I hold all perpetrators of our world into the light of the Christ Star. May it penetrate every fibre of their being, until the Divine spark in their hearts stirs from its slumber and turns into a small still flame of love. I ask the Angels of Healing, Peace and Reconciliation to be with me and show me how to go about this, so that everything is done in keeping with the Great Father/Mother’s will and wishes.

I believe in the blessing and healing power of the Christ Star’s light and I trust the wisdom of God’s great plan.

Focussing on the Christ Star steadies our earthly minds and balances them, so that the light of the Heavenly Forces can shine through us into all dark aspects of earthly life. May all our thoughts be filled with positivity and light and may this continue until even the last shred of the darkness and despair of our world has been absorbed into the Christ Star’s light. Under the protection of Its radiance we form a circle and are together as one, so let’s join hearts and hands and pray as follows:

World Healing Prayer

Part One

All glory, honour and praise be to You,
Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life
And the Angels around Your throne.
We bless the Christ Spirit, Your only born Son/Daughter,
The golden light of the Heavens, who is
The Sun of all Suns, Star of all Stars and Light of all Lights.
Through Him/Her all lifeforms come into being
And are constantly nurtured and cared for.

You are the Source of all life,
Love and wisdom, knowledge and truth,
You are the Great Teacher of all worlds and beings,
Promised of old and who, through waking up
In ever more human hearts and souls,
Is at last in flesh appearing.
From within the core of everyone’s own being
Guide and protect us,
Show us the way of all things and
Fill us, our whole world and all other realms
With the blessing and healing power of
Your eternal wisdom and truth
That cannot be destroyed by anything.

Thank you for allowing us to know that
Every human being contains a tiny spark of You
That wakes from its slumber in our hearts,
When our time has come for aligning our energies
With those of the sacred Fire of Mother Earth and Father Sun,
And we once more become consciously aware
Of our oneness with You.

That’s how, in the fullness of time,
Each spark in its own right evolves into
A blazing flame of love and light, wisdom and truth.
Hand in hand with You and the Angels
This fire burns away
The dross of all darkness and fear
That exists in the consciousness of humankind.
Each flame is capable of absorbing ever more of
The dark clouds of ignorance, false beliefs and prejudices,
Its own and other people’s,
That to this day abound in us and our world.

May the radiance of Your Divine illumination
Flow ever more strongly into each one of us
And through us into our whole world.
May the dark destructive energies
Of war, terrorism and crime
Be absorbed into Your Light,
To be uplifted and transmuted into
Blessing, healing and harmonising energies for all life
That are flowing into the farthest and remotest corners of Creation,
In accordance with Your will and wishes.

In the name of love we ask these things from You
On behalf of Mother Earth and all her Kingdoms,
As well as every other part of Creation,
For You are the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory.
We worship You, we give You thanks,
We praise You for Your Glory.
And so it shall be, forever and evermore.

Amen

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : June 5th, 2019 at 09:04.
Old June 5th, 2019, 09:04

Relativity

Time is too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice.
But for those who are loving God’s way
And realise their oneness with God and all life,
There is no time.
They are dwelling in Eternity.

Henry Van Dyke
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : June 13th, 2019 at 08:04.
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:04

Reflections On Prayer

In times of prayer our inner self is wide awake.
With our whole being we give
Our undivided attention to God and the Angels.
Failing to pray is a sign that someone is not yet
Aware of their own Christ nature and that
They are a spark of the Divine,
The same as everybody else.

Every human being contains this spark and
When someone feels no need to pray,
It is merely a sign that their spark is still
In its slumbering state and their time
For its awakening has not yet come.
Those who do not know how to go
About praying are still out of touch
With the most profound aspect of their nature.
And that’s the only difference between
Someone who prays and who does not.

Some believe that prayer
Separates us from real life,
Which to them means earthly life.
Yet, quite the opposite is true.
Prayer reconnects us with the eternal realities
Of the spirit realm, our true home.
It gives birth to our Christ nature and
We rediscover our own Divinity.
It returns us into the conscious awareness
Of our oneness with the Great Father/Mother of all life,
Our Creator and the whole of His/Her Creation
With all its manifestations of life.

J.M. Cagodevilla
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
‘The Power Of Prayer’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : June 27th, 2019 at 07:53.
Old June 27th, 2019, 07:54

About Light And Darkness

Although I have been known to visit churches and taking part in their services, as well as enjoying them, I have every intention of remaining the free spirit I always have been. Not by any stretch of the imagination could anyone call me a bible thumper, but two of my most treasured possessions are Bibles. My favourite is Dr. George M. Lamsa’s translation of the Peshitta, the ancient original Aramaic texts; the second one is the New King James Version 1982. One of their most interesting aspects for me is that this creates opportunities for comparing different interpretations of the same text.

Let me give you an example: Lamsa’s translation from the Gospel of St. John 1:5 reads: ‘The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.’ The King James’ Version interprets the same to mean: ‘And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.’ Although that sounds contradictory, isn’t it delightful how at the same time both texts complement each other and how each one – in its own way – reflects a different part of our evolution? That in itself is not really surprising either because Lamsa lived 1892/1975, whereas the King James Bible dates much further back. It was not translated by one person but a team that consisted of many. The work began in 1604 by 47 scholars, who were organised into six companies; their completed work was issued in 1611.

A new biblical era began with the work of Martin Luther 1483-1546, a theologian, Augustinian monk and ecclesiastical reformer. His teachings inspired the Reformation and deeply influenced the doctrines and culture of the Lutheran and Protestant traditions. Luther translated the Bible into German from the Greek edition of Erasmus. Whilst working on his translation, he frequently visited the nearby towns and markets, so that he could hear the people speak and write in their language. His New Testament was published in Wittenberg in 1522. The Old Testament followed in successive parts; Luther translated them from the Brescia Hebrew Bible of 1494. Luther’s knowledge of Hebrew and Aramaic was limited and his rendering shows much influence of Rashi, the great 11th–12th-century French rabbinical scholar and commentator.

The complete Lutheran Bible emerged from the press in 1534 – printing had been invented by then. Luther was constantly revising his work with the assistance of other scholars, and between 1534 and his death in 1546, eleven editions were printed, the last posthumously. His Bible truly fulfilled Luther’s objective of serving the needs of the common man. It also formed the basis of the first translations into the languages of those lands to which Lutheranism soon spread. As well as proving to be a landmark in German prose literature, this Bible made an important contribution towards the development of the modern German language.

Luther’s English counterpart was William Tyndale, sometimes spelled Tindale. He was a priest and scholar, who lived ca. 1484-1536 and translated the Bible into the early modern English of his day. Although numerous partial and complete English translations had been made from the 7th century onward, Tyndale was the first to take advantage of the new medium of print, which allowed for its wide distribution. In October 1536, he was killed by strangulation and then burned at the stake. However, his efforts were rewarded, because much of his work eventually found its way into the King James Version, which – though the work of 47 independent scholars – is based primarily on his translations. Incidentally, although Luther had also been persecuted, he died of natural causes.

Tyndale was the Captain of an Army of Reformers, and their spiritual leader. He holds the distinction of being the first man to ever print the New Testament in the English language. Tyndale was a true scholar and a genius, so fluent in eight languages that it was said one would think any one of them to be his native tongue. He is frequently referred to as the ‘Architect of the English Language’, even more so than William Shakespeare, as many of the phrases Tyndale coined are still in our language today.

Martin Luther in Germany had a small head-start on Tyndale, who wanted to use the same 1516 Erasmus texts that were the basis of Luther’s work as the source for his translation and printing the New Testament in English for the first time in history. He showed up on Luther’s doorstep in Germany in 1525, and by the end of that year he had translated the New Testament into English. He had been forced to flee England, because of the wide-spread rumour that his English New Testament project was underway. This caused inquisitors and bounty hunters to be constantly on his trail, trying to arrest him and prevent his project. In spite of all this, 1525-1526 the Tyndale New Testament became the first printed edition of the Scriptures in the English language.

In case you have never translated anything yourself, you may not know – as I do, being a linguist – that a translation can only be good when one treats it like a work of art and a labour of love. To produce one takes a great deal more than merely exchanging words from one language into another. Also, one can only translate from one’s own point of consciousness and perception and needs a firm grasp of the subject in question.

By the way, fortunately we know that Luther was born 10th November 1483 in Eisleben. His time of birth is unknown, but I have estimated it, which is customary in cases like this one. If you did not know anything about astrology, you would be surprised how much this can reveal about anyone, especially those who are no longer in our midst. Luther was not only a Sun Scorpio; his Moon, Mercury, Venus and Saturn are also in this sign. Bearing that in mind, if you now read my interpretation of the Sun in Scorpio in ‘Astrological Writings’, you will have a much better understanding of the man’s motivation, his struggle and willingness to sacrifice himself and his life for a worthy course. Can you see why astrology is so endlessly fascinating to me? It can be applied just about everywhere, if one wishes to get an insight into someone’s pathway through that particular lifetime and their perception of our world.

I offer you my apologies for my digressions into the history of the Bible, as well as into Luther. It is a great pity that alas, Tynedale’s year of birth is unknown, never mind the date. To me, such asides are too interesting and enlightening to be missed out, when one is trying to find a better understanding, as we are doing here. Hoping that you may benefit from them and therefore agree, let us return to our theme of darkness and light.

‘Not knowing und understanding is darkness. Light comes when we make it our business to find out.’ It was Anon., the most famous author of all times, who told us that. This undoubtedly has also to be applied to the spiritual teachings that have been with humankind for a long time. What could it have been that God was trying to tell us all along through St. John’s 1:5? In spiritual terms, the ignorance of God’s eternal wisdom has been and still is the darkness that is in our world. The Light of our world, for my understanding, is God’s spiritual knowledge and truth that has always been poured into the slowly evolving consciousness of humankind, in accordance with what we could comprehend, at any given time. And all the knowledge that ever has been gathered, including everybody’s own, is the Light of wisdom and truth that already is in our world and illuminates it.

Each one of us always has been and still is a net contributor to this Light of experience; we are all constantly adding to it. To reward us for all our efforts, pains, troubles and tribulations during our gatherings, God’s Light has always been waiting to finally release us from the dungeon of the spiritual darkness of not knowing who and what we truly are. Light is life; it constantly brings new life forth from itself, through the creative ideas that flow from the great and loving heart of the Universe. All life emerges and is born from darkness into light. Through the struggles of learning from its own experiences, every soul gathers wisdom, which is added to the knowledge that already is in God. This continues until at long last, through its own efforts and guided and protected by God and the Angels, it finds its way back to its Source. As mentioned before, there are no shortcuts and no other way exists.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:55

What Is Love?

There is an inner emptiness in every human being
That can only be filled by learning to love God’s way,
Totally, unconditionally and non-judgemental.
That is the only thing that can
Satisfy our hunger and quench our thirst
For reaching out to the higher
And eventually highest levels of life,
To claim our rightful place in it.

Everything was created by love from love
And so were you and I.
Our true nature is love and through loving God’s way
We realise that we are part of the whole of Creation.
That’s why all I want to do is being kind and loving
To everybody. This is the only way I can be
True to my real self.

On the inner level all life is one.
There is no separation between anything.
You are in me and I am in you.
And when I reflect on the state of our world,
I realise that I have done my share of
Bringing everything into being,
The good as well as the bad.
I accept my responsibility and,
By conducting my life in more harmonious
And peaceful ways, help to make our world
A better and more enjoyable world.

Recommended Reading:
‘Loving From The Heart’
‘Loving God’s Way’ (1)
‘Loving God’s Way’ (2)
‘Loving God's Way’ (3)

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old July 24th, 2019, 09:00

Advice For Living

We are in this life to become aware that:
On the inner level of life
The whole of Creation is one;
There is no separation between anything;
Everything is connected with
And related to everything else.

That’s why when we hurt
People and animals alike,
All life is harmed and when
Someone attacks the honour of one
Affects the whole of humankind.
And that’s by no means all!
Whatever one of us does,
In thoughts, words and deeds,
Influences the whole of Creation.

This shows the need for acting responsibly
And with the greatest of care.
When our hearts and minds work in unison,
The Divine power of the Great Father/Mother
Helps us to achieve our hopes and dreams.

So whatever you do in life,
Do the very best you can
With your heart and mind
As well as your hands.
When they are working as one,
Whatever we ask for,
God and the Angels do not hesitate
To make them come true.

Based on a teaching by White Buffalo Calf Woman
From Native American Lakota tradition
Adapted for our time by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 19th, 2019 at 10:05.
Old August 19th, 2019, 10:06

About Prayer

Then a priestess said: ‘Speak to us of prayer!’
And the prophet replied:
‘Most of you pray only in times of need and distress,
But wise ones also pray in the fullness of their
Joy and days of abundance.
What is prayer but the expansion of yourself into the living ethers?
For as long as you receive comfort through pouring
Your darkness and negativity into space,
At least make an effort to create balance
By also sharing your delights and joys with the Universe.
And don’t forget to give thanks for all that Earth life itself,
Your kind, patient and loving teacher,
Brings to you all your experiences,
So that through learning and growing
You become ever more heaven-tall.

For as long as human souls are still unaware of their true nature,
They can do nothing but weep and complain,
Wise ones, however, give thanks and praise to their Creator,
Whenever their soul summons them to prayer.
Until you become one of them,
Shed your tears and be comforted by God and the Angels.
Through them they bring you healing, as they draw closer to you.
When you learn to surrender all your troubles and woes
To them, your Highest or God Self,
You, the small earthly self, together with your soul,
Will soon be smiling again.

Whenever you go within to communicate
With your soul and pray,
Your consciousness rises to meet in the ethers those
Who are also praying at that very moment,
And whom you would otherwise be unable to contact or meet.
For each one of you I wish that,
In the long course of your evolutionary journey,
In the fullness of time, every one
Of your visits to your inner temple of the soul
Will be for nothing but spiritual ecstasy
And sweet communions with God and the Angels.
I beg of you, when you go there,
Take care not to make demands on them.
Isn’t it enough that you are allowed to enter the temple
And just be there for a while,
To be recharged with their loving energies?

Nobody can teach you how to pray in words.
The Divine does not listen to your words,
Save when S/He utters them through your lips.
And as all of you can only learn from their own experiences,
You have to find out for yourself
The prayers of the oceans, forests and mountains.
The only ones who know their prayers in their hearts
Are those who were born in these places.

And if you listen in the stillness of the night,
You will be able to hear their silent pleas:
‘Our God, who art our winged self,
It is Thy will in us that willeth,
It is Thy desire in us that desireth,
And it’s Thy urge in us that turns our nights,
Which are Thine, into days,
Which are also Thine.
We cannot ask Thee for aught,
For Thou knowest everybody’s needs
Long before they are born into earthly life.

‘Each soul is born of Thy desires.
Thou art our need
And in giving us more of Thyself,
Thou givest us all.’

From ‘The Prophet’ by Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
Lebanese/American poet
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
‘The Power Of Prayer’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : November 8th, 2019 at 09:24.
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:25

Searching For God

I searched, but I could not find Thee.
I called Thee aloud, standing on the minaret.
I rang the temple bell with the rising and setting of the Sun.
I looked for Thee on the Earth.
I searched for Thee in the Heavens, my Beloved.
And at last I have found Thee –
Thou art the pearl of true love that for so long had to
Remain hidden in human hearts.

Freely and willingly I surrender my whole being to Thee.
Thee I serve in all my daily encounters by
Thinking, speaking and acting with
Compassion and tolerance, patience and love,
And simple human kindness.

Thou art that which is good, right and beautiful,
Not only in me but in every human being.
As so far in some of us it only exists in seedform
And a slumbering state,
Helping it to wake up is my task.
Loving and understanding them
Are the only weapons I shall ever need.
They are part of the God aspect of my own being,
Called by some Jesus and others Allah.
My whole being is tuned into the frequencies of
The Highest Forces of life.
Their guidance and protection
Shall forever make me invincible.

Hazrat Inayat Khan, Gayan, Vadan, Nirtan