The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 6th, 2018, 08:00

Default A Celebration Of Mothers

This thread honours and celebrates the reappearance of the Great Mother of all life into the conscious awareness of our world. She is the nurturing and caring principle of the whole of Creation and every human and animal mother is one of the many physical manifestations of Her infinite wisdom and love.

May Celebration For
The Great Mother Of All Life

Bring flowers of the rarest,
Bring blossoms the fairest,
From garden and woodland
And hillside and dale.
Our full hearts are swelling,
Our glad voices telling
The praise of the loveliest flower of the vale.

Great Mother, we crown Thee with blossoms today,
Queen of the Angels and Queen of the May.
Queen of the Angels and Queen of the May,

Their Lady they name Thee,
Their Mistress proclaim Thee,
Oh, grant that Thy children on Earth be as true,
As long as the bowers
Are radiant with flowers,
As long as the azure shall keep its bright hue.

Sing gaily in chorus,
The bright Angels o’er us
Re-echo the strains we begin upon Earth.
Their harps are repeating
The notes of our greeting,
And You, Great Mother,
Are the cause of our mirth.

This hymn is sung during the ‘May Crowning’ of a statue of Mary in May.
Mary is one of the many symbolisms for the Great Mother of all life.

Author unknown
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Viewing:
‘The Dance Of The Flowers’

Towards the end of April the Sun moves into earthy and sensuous Taurus. This is a time that presents us and our world with a dramatic change of tempo. After the breakneck speed and impatience of Mars in fiery Aries, Venus in earthy Taurus enters the main stage. In this sign the planet finds some of its finest feminine expressions and brings to souls born into it, as well as everybody else at this time of the year, a wonderful sense of enjoyment and appreciation of the good things in life. Gracefully and with a deliberately measured pace, Earth presents herself as a beautiful young bride. Bedecked with a profusion of flowers, blossoms and new greenery as far as the eye can see, she reveals to us the freshness of as yet unspoilt youth.

Sun in Aries represents the renewed betrothal of Mother Earth and Father Sun. But when the Sun moves into Taurus they are celebrating their wedding feast. The Universe invites all of us to take time out and enjoy with all our senses one of the greatest Cosmic events, of which the betrothal, the wedding feast with its renewal of all life on the Earth plane are outer physical manifestations of what’s happening on the inner levels of life.

When it’s springtime in the Northern hemisphere and all of nature is stirring after its winter rest, spring blossoms appear everywhere in breathtaking abundance and beauty. Admiring them, let us remind ourselves from time to time of the process of spiritual growth and harmony that is constantly at work behind any manifestation in the world around us. All children of the Universal Life Force, who are aware of this, have their work cut out for themselves, not merely on the physical plane but by adding their voices to the Angelic choirs of praise and thanksgiving that forms an essential part of the great orchestra of life.

Watching Mother Nature newly unfolding helps us to become more aware of and in tune with those who are beavering behind the outer form of life, to bring us fresh evidence of God’s life manifesting itself in our world. Whenever an opportunity for it arises, let us therefore get out and about and under he canopy of Heaven enjoy the shelter and shade of the mighty branches of the Universal Tree of Life, God, and absorb His/Her blessings of healing and peace for ourselves and all lifeforms, visible and invisible, that shares world with us.

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old May 7th, 2018, 08:29

Motherly Love

Soaking wet from a downpour
One day in my childhood I arrived home.
My brother asked: ‘Why didn’t you take an umbrella?’
My sister said: ‘Why you didn’t you wait until the rain had stopped?
My father added: ‘If you’ve caught a cold,
It’ll be your own fault.’

My mother however, while drying my hair,
Said: ‘Give thanks and praise, my child,
For having received a special gift from the Universe.
Every drop of rain and every snowflake
That falls from the Heavens
Blesses and heals the Earth.
And as there’s nothing finer than rainwater
For human complexions,
We’ll it just let it dry on your face.’

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 8th, 2018 at 07:23.
Old May 8th, 2018, 07:24

The Miracle And Wonder Of God’s Creation

The Elements – Water

One of Mother Earth’s most precious resources is water. Let’s take a closer look at it, the stuff with whose appearance earthly life once became possible and the first primitive lifeforms began to appear. To this day it remains one of the greatest gifts of our world. Whilst partaking in a cup of it the other day, the thought flashed through my mind: ‘Isn’t water one of Earth’s greatest wonders?’ Never before had it occurred to me that this element is a self-perpetuating one and that there must always have been the same amount of it, ever since our planet’s surface began to cool down and water formed. Therefore, it stands to reason that the water we are drinking now has been recycled millions and millions of times. In endless cycles it must have gone through every ocean, lake and river, plant, animal and human being that ever dwelled on the Earth.

Each time the water passes through anything or anyone, a small amount of that object’s entire energy, positive as well as negative, remains in the water. Condensation is taking place at all times everywhere on the Earth, especially when the Sun is shining and on large surfaces of water. Some of it evaporates and rises as condensation into the sky. In the higher regions the Angels of the Air and of the Etheric elements are cleansing it of the negative Earth vibrations it has acquired. The water is then recharged with positive energies.

On the higher and highest levels of life endless numbers of beings, who so far remain invisible to earthly eyes, are ceaselessly toiling for the good of our world. Let us not forgive to give thanks and praise to all of them. Thanks to them, whenever clouds form and rain begins to fall, our planet and everything on it quite literally receives a blessing. And with every drop of rain that falls we and our world are being cleansed and healed.

Because of this process our drinking water by now must be richer than ever before. For quite some time, I have developed the habit of blessing the water I drink, giving thanks for it, as well as doing the same for whatever else I return to the Earth. Although this makes me feel a bit silly at times, I truly am grateful and wish to express my gratitude in some way. To my mind, this is as good a one as any for putting positive and loving thoughts and energies into Mother Earth, which she so desperately needs.

Over seventy percent of our physical bodies, the vehicle for our present lifetime, consist of water and all our emotional responses to people and situations are constantly flowing through this part of our being, which is known as our emotional body and our soul. In many small ways and at any given moment, there is something we all can do for the blessing and healing of Mother Earth. Even the tiniest amount of positive energy any one of us sends forth helps to absorb and transmute a bit more of her negative energies, of which to this day there are far too many, into constructive and positive ones. I cannot think of any simpler and more effective way of beneficially influencing the human pool of consciousness.

Reflecting on these things it dawned on me why I have always loved a rainy day, especially walking in the rain. I had often wondered why this makes me feel so good. I cannot understand people who, when they look out of the window first thing in the morning and it is raining, groan: ‘What a miserable day.’ There can be no better manner in which to spoil a day for oneself. To me, every day is a good one because it is a gift from the Highest, filled with wonder and miracles, if we but open our eyes and hearts, to perceive them.

Rainy days to me are particularly good for sending our love to Mother Earth. In any case, why spoil any moment with negative thoughts and feelings by insisting that something is bad, when in truth it is quite neutral and can with the greatest of ease be turned into something special, positive and uplifting?

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 9th, 2018, 07:55

A Mother’s Love

Naturally, there are exceptions to any rule, including this one. But generally speaking, nobody loves us like mothers are capable of loving their children. Somewhere in the finely meshed fabric of life, the love that existed between the earthly mother of our present lifetime and us in previous ones wove a strong golden cord that connects us with her. Ideally, this bond is not one of possession but of protection and caring, of being there for us whenever we are in need of it. In our younger days we may perceive this as a strain of over-watchfulness and too many questions. But time, the old equaliser, is likely to reveal to us eventually that the quality of her love has been less selfish than we thought, and more precious than we ever dreamed it could be.

The best part of the relationship with our earthly mother is not the blood connection, but the karmic ties between us that may be reaching a long way back into previous lifetimes. That’s the main reason why she opted for playing this role for us in this one. She did this because that’s what she wanted and not because it was her duty. It was of her own free will that she choose to be our mother and ours to come through her and be her child. Even if there are still some unresolved issues between us when she has returned into the world of light, the awareness of this sets us free to say things like: ‘I love you, mama’.

To paraphrase Quanah Parker from the Native American Comanche tribe: ‘Comanche may die tomorrow or in ten year’s time, but when the end of one lifetime comes for any of us, we know that there will be a reunion the world of spirit. That’s where I am going to see my mother again.’

But even if the mother of our present lifetime could not love and attend to us the way we would have liked her to, the Great Father/Mother of all life has always provided for all our needs and accepted us just the way we were at any given moment. Providing us with an unloving mother for our present lifetime happened for the wise higher reason of teaching us some valuable lesson and to provide us with opportunities for redeeming some of our karmic debts. And wherever our evolutionary pathway may still have to take us in our earthly existence, the Great Father/Mother loves each one of us totally and unconditionally and will forever do so.

Joyce Sequichie Hifler
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:58

The Honours Degree

Why, when I am on the phone and one of my children walks into the room and asks to be taken somewhere, do I get nothing but blank stares from them? I can feel my inner self rebelling each time something of this nature happens and I would like to shout: ‘Can’t you see I’m on the phone?’ Yet, I control myself and say nothing. No-one seems to notice me whether I am on the phone, cooking or sweeping the floor, I could even be standing on my head in a corner. And that makes me wonder whether I am invisible.

At times I appear to be nothing but a pair of hands when I hear someone saying: ‘Can you fix this? ‘Can you tie this?’ ‘Can you open this?’ Sometimes it feels as I were not even a pair of hands, never mind a human being. I feel like a clock that can be asked: ‘What time is it?’ or a satellite guide who can answer questions like: ‘What number is the Disney Channel?’ On other occasions my family treats me as if I were a taxi driver who is on call at all times and responds to commands like: ‘5.30 pm at Shirley’s, please!’

On such occasions I might look at my hands. They are the same ones that held books and my eyes are still the ones that studied what now seems a long time ago. I am still the person who graduated with honours and who held down a responsible position for a good number of years. But then my thoughts wander to my children. All along they have been my teachers and one day when they have grown up, hopefully into sensible and responsible adults, I shall reflect on the times when they were young. This may enable me to see how much they have helped me to graduate in the great school of life with honours and that what I am doing now is much more valuable to me as well as the whole of life than any University degrees could ever be, important though they may be at the time.

Sometimes I can’t help looking back and asking myself: ‘Have all those things vanished from me without a trace, never to be seen again?’ When a tinge of sadness creeps in, I remind myself that I gave them up freely and willingly, because more than anything else in the whole wide world I wanted children of my own, a home and a family I could pour all my love into. Each time the thought strikes me: ‘Who was the person who did the things I mentioned earlier? Where is she now?’ my inner guidance responds with: ‘She has not left you, she is still here, but she has changed and grown immensely through her offspring. She’s less selfish and more loving and thoughtful than she used to be.’

Apart from everything, the survival of our species is tied up with the joys of earthly parenthood. By providing new vehicles for those who in truth are not our children but God’s, we are making invaluable contributions towards the evolutionary progress of ourselves through becoming more likeable people. This is also true for those who enter into a another earthly lifetime through us, the whole of humankind, our world and ultimately the whole of Creation. And that’s how, hand in hand with God and the Angels, all of us together are constantly marching forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life into better and more peaceful times.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:56

Great Cathedrals

I am a mother of four young children and belong to a group of friends. One evening we were having dinner together to welcome one of our members home. Janice is one of our circle and we were celebrating her return from a fabulous trip. Telling us of her adventures, she went on and on about the places she had seen and the hotels she stayed in. And there was I, looking at the others who were all turned out so well. It was hard not to compare myself with them. My out of style dress was the only thing I could find that was clean enough and because I had no time for washing my hair before I left our house, I tied it into a knot. And just for a moment I was afraid a smell of peanut butter might cling to me and waft to the others. I have to admit I was feeling rather sorry for myself.

But then Janice turned to me with a beautifully wrapped package and said: ‘I brought you this.’ It was a book on the great cathedrals of Europe. I wasn’t sure why she had given it to me, until I saw her dedication, which read: ‘To my friend, with admiration for the greatness of what you are building and what no-one can see.’ During the coming days, I devoured the book and found in it four truths that changed my perspective of life entirely. To my astonishment I discovered that the life of the builders of the great cathedrals of our world had been very similar to mine.

Let me explain. Nobody knows who the builders were, as no records of the names of most of them are available anywhere. As a matter of fact, they dedicated a whole lifetime to a work they would never see finished. Therefore they are unlikely to have expected any credit for their efforts. Their enthusiasm and love for their project may well have been fuelled by the belief that they were building for the glory of God and that the all-seeing eye of God would appreciate any sacrifices that had to be made.

The book contains a legend about a rich man who came to visit one of the cathedrals while it was under construction. For a while he watched a workman who was busy carving a tiny bird on the inside of a beam. The rich man was so puzzled by this that he asked the workman: ‘Why are you spending so much time carving that bird into a beam that will be covered by the roof? No-one will ever see it.’ ‘Ah,’ the other one replied: ‘It’s for God. The almighty sees everything.’

When I closed the book, the small still voice of my inner guidance whispered: ‘Your efforts are not for nothing either. I am the living God within you. I am as much part of you as you are of Me. At all times I see even the tiniest sacrifice anyone is making, even though no-one else may do so. No act of kindness, no button sewn on or cake baked is too small a labour of love for Me to notice and be pleased about. Be proud for you too are involved in the construction of a great building. You cannot yet see what it will be one day. It may even take until you return into the world of spirit, but from there too you will know that your efforts have not been wasted and that the seeds you have been sowing are bearing fruit, one way or another.’

It’s good to know that, just as the builders of the cathedrals are looking at their achievements from the other side of the veil of consciousness, at the latest I too will be able to view the results of my efforts when I join them. But, wait a minute. Some of those great edifices are hundreds of years old, so in the meantime their designers and builders could have been recycled many times. Just think! At this very moment they could be standing in front of one of those old churches, admiring the work of their own minds and hands, unaware of what kind of an input they once had into its creation. They may inexplicably feel drawn to it, as if by some giant invisible magnet, to stand and gaze upon and admire it. Isn’t it an amazing world we live in?

Sometimes when I am together with my children, they are so focussed on experiencing their young lives that I cannot help a feeling of being invisible. I do not allow this to spoil my enjoyment of my offspring because I recognise that such feelings are a good cure for my self-centeredness. My newly found vision of being a great builder helps me to keep the right perspective on my children, my life and myself. It helps me to know that I too am one of those people who are working hard at a job they may never see finished during their present lifetime and that may never bear my name.

The author of my book wrote that no cathedrals could ever be built in our present times for the simple reason that nobody would be willing to make the required sacrifices. Come to think of it, I would not want my daughter to tell the friend she brings home from college for Thanksgiving: ‘My mother is wonderful! She got up at four in the morning to bake some homemade pies and then hand-basted a turkey for three hours. On top of that she cleaned the whole house to make it look and feel good.’ I do not care for building myself shrines and monuments. I just want my children to come home. And if there is anything my children say to their friends, I hope it will be something like: ‘You’re going to love it, I’m sure.’

No matter what anyone may say about us mothers, in the great plan of life we are playing an essential role. Without us our world could not continue to exist. We are the representatives and temporary substitutes of the Great Mother, who gives life through all her daughters. Like her, lovingly and silently we give of our best, safe in the knowledge that She and Her Angels are going to take care of the rest. As co-creators with God, women are doing their share of building mighty cathedrals, metaphorically speaking. No-one, except God, can see the many sacrifices and efforts each one of these works takes. But throughout the ages, hasn’t our world at all times been marvelling at what wonderful work women are doing by bringing up their children?

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 12th, 2018 at 07:47.
Old May 12th, 2018, 07:48

Wise Mothers

This is a gift from the wisdom and love of Me, the Great Mother of all Life, to My human manifestations on the Earth plane. It is dedicated to those who are planning to become wise mothers in their own right and to any woman who already is one. It is also for the fortunate ones who presently have a wise earthly mother as well as for those who once had one like this.

• Truly wise mothers know that their children are My children, the same as they themselves are. They are aware that their offspring are merely coming through them and are not of them and therefore not some kind of parent property. The awareness of this helps them to let go of their young ones easily, when the time for doing so has come.

• Wise mothers appreciate when to give something to their child and when it is better to withhold, so that through this the child learns to appreciate the value of what it desires.

• Wise mothers know that children’s growth is not merely measured by their height and age or their grades at school, but even more so by their understanding of the higher purpose and meaning of their earthly existence.

• Wise mothers are aware that the child that has entrusted itself into her care for its present lifetime is by no means an empty vessel that is waiting to be filled. They realise that their child could be a reincarnation of a much older and more experienced soul than they themselves are, who has come to teach her many things.

• Wise mothers are grateful that the child has chosen to come through her into another lifetime in the hope of getting the support that is necessary for the full unfoldment of the junior’s special gifts and talents, which could have taken many lifetimes to develop. The memories of all its learning from previous earthly sojourns are stored in its soul and can be reached through its subconscious.

• Wise mothers understand that in all of us, without being aware of it, we are constantly tapping into the memories of our soul and that they influence everything we do in positive or negative ways, depending on how we have prepared ourselves in previous lifetimes for the present one. Wise mothers realise that this also applies to the development of her offspring.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 13th, 2018 at 08:04.
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:04

A Prayer For Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day is a modern celebration that has its origin in North America. It honours our own mother, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society in general. This day is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May.

The celebration of Mother’s Day began in the United States in the early twentieth century and is not related to the many festivities of mothers and motherhood that have been part of our world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration, which originally celebrated the church as mother of humankind, not motherhood in general. Despite this, in many countries Mother’s Day has become synonymous with these older traditions.

O Great White Spirit,
Father/Mother of all life
And Your love so Divine.
I thank You for the love
Of a mother like mine.

In Your infinite mercy
Look down from above
And bless my dear mother
With the gift of Your love.

And all through the year,
Whatever betide her,
Show her each day
That You are inside her.

Beloved Father/Mother,
Show me the way
How I can help her
And brighten her day.

Bless her dear heart
With the ability to see
That her love means more
Than the world to me.

Helen Steiner Rice
Edited by Aquarius

Let us also pray in thankfulness for the mothers of our present lifetime who have already returned to the world of spirit for their hard earned and well deserved rest. Included in this prayer are mothers who, in their most recent lifetime, followed and acted out the drives and urges of their lower earthly nature, instead of bringing forth the best qualities of their higher Christ nature. By showing their children through their behaviour how they do not want to be, mothers create heavy karmic burdens for themselves, even though at the same time they are acting as invaluable teachers for their offspring.

As every human being is on the same evolutionary pathway, by agreeing to play this part in our lives such mothers – mine was one of them – are slowing down their spiritual development and maybe even bringing it to a standstill for that particular lifetime. And for that, we as their children owe them an extra special debt of gratitude.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 14th, 2018 at 08:07.
Old May 14th, 2018, 08:07

Changing Perceptions

At various ages the child may say about its mother:
4 – My Mummy is a miracle! She can do anything and knows everything!
8 – My Mum knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 – She really doesn’t know quite everything.
14 – Naturally, Mother doesn’t know that, either.
16 – Mother? She’s hopelessly old fashioned.
18 – That old woman? She’s way out of date!
25 – Let’s ask Mum – she might know a little bit about this.
35 – Before I decide, I’ll get Mum’s opinion.
45 – I wonder what Mum would have thought about it?
65 – If only I could talk it over with Mum once more. Well, let’s meditate on it and ask the wisdom of the Great Mother in my heart to guide and help me.

A woman’s true beauty does not express itself in the clothes she wears, the figure she has or what hairstyle she chooses. It can only be seen in her eyes. They are the mirror or her soul, the doorway to her heart and the place where love dwells. Real beauty in women and men alike is eternal and comes from their soul; outer things like moles and warts cannot mar it. It expresses itself in the way they care for those around them and the love they apply to everything they do. That is the only kind of beauty that truly counts and lasts forever. The main purpose of every human being’s earthly existence is the discovery of this kind of beauty within themselves, so that through manifesting it in all their daily encounters it can increase with the passing of the years.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:32

An Exhausted Mother’s Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
And pray that my sanity I shall keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
It won’t take long till I lose my mind.

I pray to find some peace and quiet,
Far away from my family’s usual riot,
For lying down without having to think
About what they may be putting down the sink,
Or who they are with and what they are at,
And the things they could be doing to our cat.

I pray for time all to myself,
But lo!
Did something just fall off a shelf?
Time for resting in my nice soft bed,
Unaware that they’re painting one of my curtains red.
How much I’d give for a silent moment!
Oh, for goodness sake,
Did I just hear a window break?

I dream I need neither cook nor clean.
Well, everybody has the right to dream.
And so I lay me down to sleep
And pray for my wits to keep,
But when I look around I know
I must have lost them long ago.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius