The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 11th, 2010, 07:38

Default Food For Thought

Dear Friends,

It is only natural that, when we are witnessing the departure of a loved one from this plane of life, the more thoughtful ones in our midst begin to ask themselves questions like: ‘What is the sense and purpose of all our coming and going in and out of this life? Where do we come from and where are we going to? What is the point of all our striving to achieve when everything is wiped out and lost at the end? Or could there be some kind of meaning behind it? If so, what?’

This is how during periods of great sorrow and sadness, especially bereavements, even the most closed off human hearts begin to open up. Small cracks appear in the emotional coat of armour we normally wear and through them God’s light, in the form of wisdom and understanding, begin to penetrate our consciousness, for it is a time when God and the Angels are drawing very close to us. And to those who are ready to receive them, they bring an increased understanding of life and its processes, in particular death. This is what all my writings are about and some of them I am sharing with you here. God and the Angels are writing them and bringing them to you – through me. The following is my first offering:

The Carrot, The Egg And The Coffee Bean

A young woman who had had enough of fighting and struggling with the difficulties of her life went to her mother to pour her heart out as follows: ‘Everything I touch seems extra hard and difficult, so much so that by now I am wondering whether there is any chance for me to eventually overcome my difficulties and make it. Or would it be better if I threw in the towel and simply gave up, because every time as soon as one of my problems has been solved, a new one rears its head?’

The mother thought about this for a moment. Then she took her daughter into the kitchen. Without saying a word, she filled three pots with water and placed them on a high flame, so that soon reached boiling point. In the first pot the mother placed some carrots, in the second one some eggs and in the last some ground coffee beans.

Allowing these things boil for about twenty minutes, she turned the burners off. First she fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. The eggs she placed into a bowl of their own and then she poured the coffee into a coffee pot. Turning to her daughter, she asked: ‘What do you see?’

Puzzled because she was as yet unable to see the point of the exercise, the daughter replied: ‘Carrots, eggs and coffee. So what?’ The mother asked her to step closer to the containers, to feel one of the carrots and tell her what it felt like. ‘It’s soft!’ ‘Now try one of the eggs and break it.’ ‘It’s black and blue and as hard as a brick!’ ‘And now take a sip of the coffee.’ Tasting its rich aroma, the daughter smiled, still failing to understand, she queried: ‘But what does all this mean? What are you trying to tell me?’

‘Well, can you see how the objects before you faced the same condition of boiling water and how each one reacted differently? The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting, but after having been subject to the boiling water, it softened and became weak and mushy. Being very fragile, the eggs’ only protection against the outside world was their thin outer shell. After having been exposed to the boiling water the fluid inside them turned became tough and hard. Ah, but the ground coffee beans reacted quite differently. Having been in the boiling water long enough they changed it into something fragrant, aromatic and enjoyable.

‘Now ask yourself: Which one of these are you? When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Like a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean? After each one of them, ask yourself: ‘Am I like a carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I go soft and lose all my strength? Or am I like an egg that starts with a malleable heart but changes its texture in the heat of life? Is my spirit a fluid substance that after someone’s death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial grows hard? Although your outer shell may still look the same, on the inside you have become bitter and tough and your heart has grown hard?

Or am I more like a coffee bean that has the power to change the hot water, the very circumstance that is the cause of my pain? Whenever the waters of my life get hot, can they release within me the fragrance and flavour of my true self, my spirit and soul? When things are at their worst, this quality enables us to look at all situations from a different perspective that helps us to recognise that each experience is but a lesson of some kind, which the Universe sends so that we may learn from it and grow ever more heaven-tall and nearer to our true nature of spirit and soul and to God.

This attitude can turn all seemingly negative experiences into positive ones. During our darkest hours and the times of our greatest trials it empowers us to unfold our spiritual wings. They assist us in viewing every situation, including or own, with the glorious vision of God and the Angels and we can recognise the wise and loving purpose that lies behind all happenings on the Earth plane.

So, ask yourself: ‘How shall I handle adversities in future? What would I rather be? A carrot, an egg or a coffee bean? The choice is yours.’

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius
From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/

Last edited by Aquarius : April 6th, 2015 at 07:54.
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:41

Default A matter of perception

A MATTER OF PERCEPTION

A blind boy with a hat by his feet was sitting on the steps of a building. A sign by the side of the hat said: ‘I am blind, please help.’ A man who was walking by noticed that there were very few coins in the hat. He took some coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He paused for a moment, then took the sign, turned it round and wrote something on it. Then he placed the sign so that all passers by could see what was written.

To the boy’s amazement, it didn’t take long until his hat began to fill up, because now lots more people were putting something into it. The same afternoon the man who had changed the words came to see how things were going. The boy recognised the man’s footsteps and asked: ‘Are you the one who changed my sign this morning?’ When the man said: ‘Yes,’ the boy asked: ‘What did you write?’

‘I wrote nothing but the truth,’ the man replied. ‘All I did was to say it in a different way from you. Your sign now reads: ‘Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it.’

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. Its first version simply said that the boy was blind, where as the second one reminded those walking past how lucky they were to have their eyesight. It’s hardly surprising that the second sign was more effective.

Let’s all be more thankful for what we have. It helps to be creative and innovative in our thinking and to perceive our world and everything in it in more positive ways than we did in the past. Even if life gives us a hundred reasons for crying, it’s worth our while to make an effort to remind ourselves and show to the world that at the same time we have a thousand reasons for giving thanks and smiling.

Let’s face the past without regrets and handle the present with confidence. Loving and trusting the great wisdom of life that sends us at all times exactly what we need – though not necessarily what we want – helps us to face the future without fear. When we thus live ever more in faith, all our fears gradually dissolve.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers of Hope & Encouragement’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 5th, 2012 at 06:34.
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:49

Default The Mountain Of Life

The Mountain Of Life
We are all climbing different paths up the mountain of life
And everybody sometimes must experience hardship and strife.
Many paths lead up the mountain of life,
And some of its climbs feel like the point of a knife.

Some paths are short and others are long,
Who can say which one is right or wrong?
The beauty of truth is that each way has its own song,
By listening closely we find where we belong.

So climb your own path true and strong,
But respect all other truths, too,
For your way for others could be wrong.

Dan Inosanto
Edited by Aquarius

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 5th, 2012 at 06:31.
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:21

Default The Trout

The Trout

Occasionally, when a trout leaps from the waters of a stream or a river to catch a fly, it gets hooked on some fisherman’s line to be robbed of its freedom. Realising what is happening, the fish fights, struggles and splashes with all its might. Sometimes it escapes, but frequently the situation is so hopeless that eventually the trout surrenders itself to its fate.

In the same way we struggle with our environment and with the hooks that are constantly lying in wait for us. Sometimes we master the situation, while on other occasions it may prove too much for us and we give up. Our struggles are all that the world can see and often fails to understand. It’s hard for a fish who is swimming freely to know what life is like for a hooked one.

Karl. A. Menninger
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers of Comfort & Healing’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 5th, 2012 at 06:24.
Old January 11th, 2012, 06:45

Default You Are Special

You Are Special

Are you aware that each one of us in their own way is a special and unique being? Just imagine in the entire history of the whole of Creation there has never been and never will be another being quite like you and me! Our eyes, hands, hair, handwriting, smile, voice and mind are unique to us. No-one walks, talks, thinks, acts or even meditates exactly the way we do. Nobody can paint our brush strokes or has exactly the same taste as we have for food, music, dance and other artistic endeavours. Nobody can perceive things quite the way we do; and no-one can feel our feelings. There has never been someone who laughs exactly the way we do, and what makes us laugh or cry, can have quite a different effect on someone else.

We are all different from everybody else who ever walked the Earth, and we are all specially gifted in some way. Even if others pursue the same creative activities as we do, everybody has their own special and unique way of expressing themselves. In the course of our evolution as individuals and through many lifetimes, we all have developed our own set of abilities. There always will be someone who is better than we are, at one thing or another; and everyone is likely to be our superior at least in one way. But do not overlook that this is valid for each one of us.

Every human soul has been provided by our Creator with a different set of gifts and talents. They have taken many lifetimes to develop and it is important to be grateful for them, to take good care of them and further develop them, to the best of our ability. The whole range of that which has been bestowed upon us produces a vibration and a sound that is uniquely our own. The entire human race is like a room that is filled with billions of musical instruments. Listening to the symphony they are producing together, it may seem to us as if some of the instruments in some way sounded better than ours. Don’t be disturbed by this, because it’s due to the fact that every instruments is a unique creation, to ensure that no-one matches exactly anyone else’s sound. No matter how hard they may try, it’s impossible!

We are all tiny particles of a vast whole, and the functioning of one is as important as that of all the others for the wellbeing of the whole. Every single one is rare and precious in the eyes of the One who created us. And whatever we imagine this being to be, even the greatest sceptic is bound to admit that we and our world cannot have appeared out of nowhere. Our Creator holds the Great Plan of life in His/Her loving hands and designed us to be exactly the way we are.

We are not some kind of a random and haphazard appearance or cosmic joke. We are in this life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way the Great White Spirit, who is our true Father/Mother, loves us and wants us to be. We all contain the seed of perfection, but all we have to do is give of the best we are capable of. Doing this in all situations, we gradually bring forth ever more of our Divine qualities from within the very core of our own being.

Wherever we may find ourselves, we are always in the right spot and at the right time. We are there so that we can do our share of making our planet a better, happier, more peaceful and beautiful place for all its inhabitants. And each one of us was created to fulfil one specific task on the Earth plane, some kind of a job that can only be carried out by us and which is rightfully ours. To find it, it is essential that we follow the inner guidance of our natural inclinations. We need learn to dream our own dreams and to pursue them, not those of others, no matter how dear they may be to us, even parents or grandparents.

From ‘You Are Special‘

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 5th, 2012 at 06:23.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:24

Default The Power Of A Kind Word

The Power Of A Kind Word

Drop a pebble into the water. Just a splash and it is gone,
While half-a-hundred ripples are circling on and on and on,
Spreading, spreading from the centre, flowing out to sea,
There is no way of telling where the end will ever be.

It’s the same with words of kindness. Just a flash and they are gone,
But half-a-hundred ripples will keep circling on and on and on,
Bringing hope and joy and comfort on each splashing, dashing wave,
Till you can’t believe the volume of the one kind word you gave.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness. In a minute you forget,
But the gladness and the joy you’re giving will keep on circling yet.
You may have sent a wave of comfort whose sweet music can be heard
Over miles and miles of water just by dropping one kind word.

James W. Foley
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers of Comfort & Healing’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:02

Default Wisdom From The Tree Of Life

Wisdom From The Tree Of Life

• Sometimes it is necessary to meet the wrong people before we can encounter the right ones, so that when this finally happens, we know how to appreciate them as the precious gift from the Universe, which in truth they are.

• When one door of happiness closes, another one is ready to open. If we look to long at the one that has closed, we are in danger of being unable to see the one that is waiting to open for us.

• Life teaches us in its own sweet way. That’s why we usually do not know how to appreciate what we have, until we have lost it. Part of the same lesson is that frequently we don't know what we have been missing until something new arrives.

• The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past. We cannot successfully move on in life until we have let go of our past mistakes, failures and heartaches.

• Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go and be what you want to be. If you don’t succeed, it doesn’t matter too much, as there will always be another lifetime until all our learning on the Earth plane has been done.

• There are moments in life when we miss a loved one, a parent, spouse, partner, friend or child, so much that we would like to pick them from our dreams and hug them for real, so that once they are with us again we can appreciate them all the more.

• The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

• Always try to put yourself in the other one’s shoes. If it feels that something could hurt you, it is likely to hurt the other person, too.

• Do something nice for someone every single day, even if it’s nothing but leaving them alone.

• Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect anything in return. Just love them and wait and see whether love can also grow in their heart. If not, be content that it grew in yours – that’s wisdom!

• True happiness waits for all who are now crying because they are hurt or they have searched and tried in vain. They alone can appreciate the importance of all the people who touched their lives when they went through these phases.

• Don’t go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, it fades away. Go for those who make you smile, because it takes but a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Seek the company of those who make your heart and soul smile.

• Hope for enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy

• Try to live your life to the fullest because when you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling but when you die, you are going to be the one who is smiling because you are returning into your true home, while those around you who do not yet appreciate what is happening to you are crying.

• Some think that life only evolves onto death. Wise ones appreciate that in truth there is no death and that life is eternal and constantly moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral.

• White Eagle in the StarLink Message January 2012: ‘Your loved ones are not dead and they have not gone from you. In spirit there is no separation. Contact with your loved one is always waiting for you through the power of thought, through the power of meditation. You have to develop within yourself a consciousness of the eternity of life. You need to love God, so that you know that God, being love and having all love for you, and you having love for God. In God’s consciousness there is no death. Your loved ones are living in that love and in your spirit. Your loved ones are with you.’

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers of Wisdom From The Tree Of Life’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : August 5th, 2012 at 06:21.
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:17

Default growing Up

Growing Up
Little by little, wean yourself.
This is the gist of what I have to say.
From an embryo, whose nourishment comes in the blood,
Move to an infant drinking milk,
To a searcher after wisdom,
To a hunter of more invisible gain.

Think how it is to have a conversation with an embryo.
You might say: ‘The world outside is vast and intricate.
There are wheat fields and mountain passes,
And orchards in bloom.

At night there are millions of galaxies and in sunlight
The beauty of friends dancing at a wedding.’

You ask the embryo why he or she stays cooped up
In the dark, with eyes closed.

Listen to the answer!

‘There is no ‘other world’.
I only know what I’ve experienced.
You must be hallucinating.’

From Rumi’s ‘Mathnawi’
13th-century Persian Muslim poet, jurist, theologian and Sufi mystic
Whose writings describe everything in Heaven and Earth

From ‘Words & Prayers of Hope & Encouragement

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:05

Default Eternity Is Today

Eternity Is Today
Every new day is a source of mystery
In which the past, present and future are one.
It is like a river in which each drop of water
Is linked to its tiny spring on a distant mountain slope,
As well as one of our world’s far away blue oceans.

In just the same way this today of ours is part of Eternity,
Every precious moment of every day that’s where we dwell.
Eternity is not something to be waited for until leaving the physical plane.
Knowing this demands that we live in a manner that is worthy of it,
So when reaching the other side we can look back on ourselves with gladness.

Emptying our hearts and souls of the concerns
Of our lower nature, like vengefulness, hatred and greed,
Raises our consciousness into the desires of our Highest Self.
Our whole being fills with kindness, compassion and love for all life.
Now, at long last we are worthy of Eternity.

Ku Sang 1984
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
‘About Time’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:30

Default The Power Of Thought

White Eagle in ‘A Time to Remember’ Stella Polaris October/November 2008: ‘The power of thought is the creative force of all life. As you think, so you become and create the conditions that surround you. You can learn to use your good thought. Within you all is this Divine creative principle. It has the power to create vibration amongst and control every atom of matter. We tell you this to help you recognise the Divine urge within you that wants to know and become aware of a life that is free, holy, happy, healthy and joyous. This is a life in which you can render service to the world and see quite clearly the land of light. If you would like to have a better world, create it for yourselves now, at this very instant in your mind. Hold this thought continually in your mind. If you refuse to allow any other ideas to banish it from your consciousness, you raise all your vibrations and your aspirations.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files