The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 22nd, 2013, 14:18

Default My sweet Ellie-May

It has been 2 sleeps since we said goodbye to our beautiful girl, Ella. She was an eleven year old doberman cross and at the end was so sick. I know we let her go with love and that the life she had in the last 5 days was no life for a girl with as much love for running and ball as she had. But I miss her so much. I can barely breathe for the pain. I want her back. Her mate Ruben is still with us and I am trying to do right by him, but all I want to do is crawl in to a ball. I hate waking up. The second I wake up, it's there. A crushing pain in my chest and the knowledge, the truth, that she is gone. The house is so quiet.

My baby girl was a lady to the end. She left our world the same way she came in to it, with grace. That's who she was. My quiet, gentle girl. I miss her every second.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 15:00

hi amandalogan so sorry you have lost your beloved Ella all we can do when we lose our beloved friend is to be thankful they came to us and we gave them a loving home i have lost my dogs in the past and it is very sad Ruben will need extra love she will be grieving for her mate Ella as well i hope she helps to take away the grief as you try to concentrate on helping rubens sadness
the life you gave ella was the best be proud that you shared a loving home with her and all she knew was love and kindness
love hazel xx
Old January 22nd, 2013, 15:42

Default ella

hello dear amanda so sorry that Ella had to go from you, but she will still be close by. some of us here love Gods creatures , our pets, a very special gift given to us to help us and love us unconditionaly, such beautiful friends and when its time for them to go it hurts so much. Ella had a lovely mum, a lovely life, you loved and cared for her and she knew that and returned her love and companionship to you. if it would help you, come and talk with hazel and myself, we do understand dear friend, and are here for you.

sending love and hugs.

chrissie. xx
Old January 22nd, 2013, 16:15

Thank you Chrissie and Hazel. Your words mean so much. I am trying to grab on to something real, something strong enough to hold me. I love my Ruben. But I look at him, and there is a shadow at his side, where she used to stand. I pray to the universe for the strength to be what he needs.