The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 17th, 2008, 22:03

Default Lost a best friend - Suicide

On Saturday, one of my best friends committed suicide. She'd been depressed for years and had tried to kill herself in our teens via overdose. She seemed to be getting better however, and had plans and was so positive. It came as such a shock. She moved into a new flat. She was training to be a lifeguard. She spoke about moving to America. Then she hanged herself. I felt like the bottom of my world fell out in that moment.

I was wondering if anyone else lost a friend to suicide and would offer their stories. How do you get through it? Will I ever feel normal again? I just don't know what to do and I miss her so much already, even though I haven't even fully realised my loss yet. I keep forgetting. I remembered an absolutely hillarious memory earlier of the two of us, and although I opened my mouth to laugh I burst into tears. I just don't know what to do, and I don't want to cry everytime I think of her. And sometimes I can't cry, I feel like she never existed for a moment. I'm sorry if this seems disjointed. I'm just so confused.

When you aint here I just can't breathe, There's no air