The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Relax, chat and inspire > Chat room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 2nd, 2008, 13:40

I dont know about the bible part as i am not religious but i agree with you 110% with the rest of it x
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:11

Pets! I was really feeling gloomy this morning. Have had the flu and am back at work now. But this morning when I got up--I just did not feel like me. I felt deep dark gloom. It is a rainy, drizzly, cold spring morning. I foster and own several Min Pins. One--in particular this morning--kept coming and looking up at me with the "squiggles"--you know where they have to wag their whole body to wag their tail and you know they want you to pick them up and hold them. Well--my Sadie dog followed me all around this morning while I was getting around. She usually goes back and burrows under the warm covers until time for me to leave---but not this morning. I think she just knew I needed extra reassurance before trudging out to face the day. I love that dog! I love all of them! But especially Sadie this morning for helping me through a dreary moment.
Old April 18th, 2008, 20:08

I don't have any animals but I have read and heard that animals do have a special connection to the spirit afterlife. It is said that when a person who has an animal passes watch for signs of the animal barking or acting strangely, as if someone is there when physically nobody is prescent.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 23:53

Bonkers, I like the word squiggles. My 2 dogs do it all the time. Unfortunatly they are 65 & 85 pounds. Picking them up is not an option. However, they think they are lap dogs so when anyone sits on the sofa they are on them. That could be why we don't get many visitors. Everyone loves them but when they are shoving eachother out of the way to get your attention it gets overwhelming.

Rachele, my grandpa's cat keeps waiting by the door for him. She sleeps in his chair which she never did before. My dogs bark when they have no reason to. I believe they see spirits. Pets are a great source of comfort. When my grandparents died I think they were more helpful than my husband. They don't say anything stupid trying to make you feel better and they will always be ready to cuddle. Is there a reason you don't have a pet? With all that you have been through you may benefit from a pet plus your kids would probably love it. I don't mean to sound pushy, it's just a thought. I know how much of a help they have been to me.
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:14

Gina, my husband doesn't want any pets. When I was growing up I had a dog, and later on a cat. My Dad has a cat, he's old and has had stomach cancer the past few years. When my mom died, I thought her cat was going to pass right away but he's still hanging on. I feel so sad when I see the cat because he looks so lonely and depressed and I know he really misses my mom because my mom was home alot with him during the day and evening. My Dad works and goes out in the evenings because he can't bare being alone in the house either. I don't know how long the cat will last but he must still be here for a reason. I just feel so bad and don't know if at some point a decision will have to be made to put him to sleep.
Old April 24th, 2008, 23:53

Rachele, my husband didn't want any more animals either, I won that argument. That is when we got Kaos. I didn't want to bring another home but he found Nairobi, she was so thin you could count her ribs & she was sleeping in her own waste. She was a year old, that is why I had doubts, but she turned out to be the most lovable pitbull on the planet. If your hubby got to know an animal, he would fall in love.

When my aunt's mom died they had her dog (old & sick) put down and placed at the foot of the casket. I thought that was morbid. As far as your mom's cat, is he/she suffering? If she is, sometimes the most humane thing to do is to put them down.
It's kind of ironic that we got the cat so grandpa wouldn't be lonely after grandma died & now she misses him.
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:25

It's hard for me to know how much mom's cat is suffering. As I mentioned, he has stomache cancer and throws up some days. My Dad gives him pills for acid reflux. There was a time a couple months after my mom passed that he was doing poorely and we thought he'd have to be put down then. So far as I can see, he's able to walk around. I don't hear him groaning but he does appear very lonely. No one's around all day long where my mom was when she was alive. Dad leaves the TV on for him. I think maybe he's holding on for my Dad's sake.
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:01

Rachele, is it possible for a family member to go over there while Dad isn't home? Maybe an hour or so a couple times a week. Just so he won't feel so alone. When people lose someone it's devastating, but we have other things going on in our lives, when a pet loses someone they lost the only thing going on in theirs. I believe animals grieve too.
My dogs love my nephew & saw him every day, he ended up in jail & they cried at the same time every day (around the same time he showed up). He is home now & they are happy. Animals suffer from separation anxiety.
Old April 28th, 2008, 00:24

Gina, I'm not sure. I live a ways from Dad's house and have to be home during the day to pick my 2 kids up from school. I work some evenings. I brought up my concern to one of my sisters and she wishes she could take the cat home with her but don't know if Dad wants to do that. Ill discuss my concerns with Dad and see what he has to say.
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:49

Default Some Snakes For Pets!

When i was young we had two long haired german shepherds. Adorable and human like emotions, my all time favourite pets! Then went through 265 guinea pigs (yes, all at one time!), 2 girds, 4 gerbils, 24 hamsters, two egyptian geese, wild pidgeon, 4 chinchillas. That was atleast a decade ago now though! So im quite happy with my two snakes, Montie and Jaxx. I love them to bits, i know most people hate the idea of snakes; but actually if you tame them up they really have some personality!