The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > When someone you love is dying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:40

I'm very glad to hear the report, Calyspo.

I haven't had experience with someone who knew they were terminally ill, but I'd hope that the relationship was strong before that, and I'd hope that may make it easier for the ill person to ask for what they wanted of me.

A work colleague of mine died last year, but I didn't hear about it till he'd passed away. I suspect he knew of his illness the last time I saw him.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 20:58

I would think that I would want as much quality time with that friend as I could get. Losing loved ones in my life in so many different ways, some quick, some long, unexpected, violent, has made me want to have as much quality time with my friends and loved ones that is possible. And my quality time, I mean not moaning and complaining about stupid little things all the time and how awful the day was. Everyday that I wake up and I'm breathing is a wonderful day and I treat it that way.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 23:29

If you were a good firend of the person dying, you would certaintly be there, to do whatever it took, to make your friend feel and be better. I have lost 3-wonderful friends and I was always avaiable to be with them and support them in anyway they saw fit.
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
And my quality time, I mean not moaning and complaining about stupid little things all the time and how awful the day was. Everyday that I wake up and I'm breathing is a wonderful day and I treat it that way.
Priscilla, that's a wonderful attitude and it's reminded me that I need to make more effort to appreciate all the good things in my life. Thanks so much for that! I used to take time to sit down and write out all the things I was grateful for and it made me feel great, and I haven't done it for a while.

Off to do it now!
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:35

Glad I was able to help Qwerty! So many people at my job think I'm strange and "way too perky", but I now how to make each ot them smile and they never complain about that!
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:02

There's no such thing as 'too perky' or there shouldn't be... sounds like you're a joy to be around. Thanks again for inspiring me.
Old September 10th, 2007, 18:34

I think some of us need to be upbeat in times of stress. It brings a balance into a situation that sometimes seems hopeless and depressing.