||May 30th, 2007 10:21
Read this first - general guidelines
Welcome to The Light Beyond
Please take a minute to read this post first, as it provides the basic ground rules for the use of our forums...
Who are we?
We are a group of people who are sadly all too well acquainted with grief and loss; the Light Beyond forums and website have grown out of our own experiences. However, we are not professionals in this field and cannot offer medical, legal or psychological advice. Some of the people posting on these forums may be qualified to provide such advice, but we cannot accept any liability should you follow (or fail to follow) their advice.
These are just a few reminders in case anybody has any questions about our community:
- Spam will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Please help us by reporting posts (using the red and white triangular icon above the post) you think are spam and should be deleted. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Verbal abuse and hateful posts directed to other forum members will not be tolerated and will be deleted, with no questions asked and no exceptions. Please help us by reporting posts (using the red and white triangular icon above the post) you think are abusive and/or hateful. Our decision is final in these matters.
This is a community of people who come here to help and support others and to learn from others. Our motto is 'Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own.' This is a tolerant, caring community; please help us by being respectful, constructive and kind in your posts.
If you experience any problems using the forums, please contact the administrator or one of the moderators and they will do their best to help.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate The Light Beyond community standards. The Light Beyond team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
Advertising services and solicitation
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums is a privilege and not a right.
Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. We can ban individual users from doing so if necessary.
Links in signatures
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
Signature size limits
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not a product or service that competes with a product or service offered by The Light Beyond and it is not an affiliate link.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is OK, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate The Light Beyond community standards. The Light Beyond team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards (examples include sites about drugs and/or s*x).
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images:
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 characters per line.
- Font sizes above 2 are not allowed (blank lines count as lines).
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item.
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 500 pixels wide, 100 pixels tall and 20k in size.
Avatars and animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.