Thread: Utility bills
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:51
luciestorrs luciestorrs is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 137

Hi Lee,

You will need to get in touch with each utility company separately - they will each have their own procedures for dealing with a transfer after a death. I would think it would be possible to change your father's name to yours, as this is certainly possible after a house move, for example.

It goes without saying that I am sorry for your loss.
Lucie Storrs, creator of

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep: over 250 funeral poems, quotes and readings
If There's Anything I Can Do...: full of practical ways to help the bereaved
Reply With Quote