View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:01

I can answer that question at least for me. There is no way that I would ever have given up the time I had with Mayra. It hurts like hell to have lost her, especially the way she was taken, but I know I am a better person for having known her. I know in my heart that she loved me unconditionally as I did her. We had special times, both good and bad, but we were always there for eachother. A true friend you might find once in a lifetime and I found mine in her. I joined this forum after my grandmother passed away. I had a hard time with it because she raised me and even after I got married we still did alot together. Her death was unexpected but she was 83 so it was a little easier because of her age and i did get to say goodbye in the hospital that night. That was in 2005 and I still cry over it but with Mayra she died 11/23/13 & she would have been 40 on 12/15/13, way too young and I never got a chance to say goodbye. I still talk to her every day and I can hear what she would have said to me but it's not the same. And if my husband tells me to "get over it" one more time I think I'm gonna hurt him! I think he's that way because he's dealt with alot of loss several of his family members were shot and killed so he's built a wall. He did cry when Mayra was killed but he got over it in a week. He doesn't understand why it's so hard for me to deal with. She always admired my marriage because we've been together almost 21 yrs and married almost 18 yrs. She wanted s relationahip like mine. She started dating our former mailman in January 2013 and I haven't seen her that happy in a long time. He's a good guy. It kills me that she finally found the happiness that she wanted so badly and didn't get a chance to really enjoy it. She deserved to be happy. Especially after the way her kids father treated her. She was happy with her life, raising her kids and her job but she was lonely and wanted that companionship. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that she found someone who loved & respected her and that she passed away with him in her heart but I just wish she had the time to let her relationship blossom and really enjoy it. Now I'm left with all these thoughts like "She could've or she should've" and I'll never know what would've happened. Does that make sense? So many people loved her but I don't know if she realized just how many. The funeral home was packed and there was a line 2 blocks down and around one block waiting to go in. People stood out in the freezing cold for over an hour just to pay their respects. I have one question then I'm done for the night. I saw a locket and when you open it it has a small tube to put the some of the persons ashes in. Do you think it would be overstepping my bounds if I were to ask her family for a small bit of her ashes so I can get the locket and keep part of her with me always? She will always be in my heart but I would like to have that too. I'm good friends with her brother but I don't know her sisters that well and I don't wsnt to upset her mom but I want them all to agree to it not just one or two.