View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:13

Location: Barrow Upon Humber, a village in North Lincolnshire.
Thumbs up

Hi Dave,

thank you for posting this interesting article. I have been through extremely difficult times in my life, and because of that, I KNOW that I will get through whatever life throws at me now. As I say to people 'I'm tough' I suffer with depression and can get so low I feel I dont want to live any more, and yet something within me knows that life is beautiful and worth living. When times get tough I also think about others who have survived worse things, such as survivors of the concentration camps - they've been through, and possibly still live in, Hell. But they're here and lived to tell the tale. Humans are much stronger than we give credit for. What about the guy who got his arm trapped by a large rock, (I forget his name)? After several days with hardly any food or water, he cut off his own arm with a penknife I think it was!! Incredible! Could I do that? If I was in a similar situation, yes, more than likely, because I'd do what I had to to live. So yes, past adversity does provide a map for the future. We're all survivors

Kahlil Gibran.