View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:16

Default Thank you

Hello Sheryl and Chrissie...

Thank you for your kind comments on my post..

Yes... helping others through your tragic experience is turning a Catalclysmic event in your own life.. Is finding the good in the bad.. Helping.. relating.. speaking.. consoling others who have suffered and lost as you have is also a way of helping yourself heal.. bit by bit.. piece by piece.. though it may not seem like it immediately it is slowly healing your soul and your heart.. When you reach out and connect with anothers pain.. They know they are not alone in their loss... as I have written in my past posts.. When we are hit with a huge loss of a loved one in our life.. we are blindsided by an unrealistic reality that causes us to fall into our pain and misery.. Which in itself is all encompassing at the time.. I think this is where Elisabeth Kübler-Ross was wanting to define for simplicity sake.. how the grief process is supposed to go with 5 definable stages in the process.. But Grief in itself being inheirently different in everyone it hits does not follow such preset patterns so easily.

Sheryl.. Chrissie.. I have read both of your compassionate posts through out the forum.. And I just wanted to say thank you to you both...

Even as you both are suffering with your own personal great loss of your beloved husbands you still are able to rise above the pain and help those newly bereaved people who are joining the forum..

This is something very special that will help you more than you know with your own grief as I discussed before.. Helping others when your are deeply hurting yourself is an extremely positive thing.. as is compassion.. empathy.. understanding...love... that will help to heal your broken heart as it gives hope to others in their pain and misery..

Dave(Cal821)
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821