The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Grief recovery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2012, 12:55

Default " The Daily Struggle..... Trying to keep Positive .... and a Personal Search for Meaning"

Just some of my thoughts.... and my writings from 4 years ago... The starting of the journey and search for meaning....... and how things have progressed down the path... It is funny how in the journey to understanding and acceptance all the pieces ultimately do fall into place...

I write this for many who are like me, in the midst of an unexpected storm, a bewildering disappointment, a heart-breaking loss. I write for the tears that can't stop falling, even though we try to be strong, we try to move on, we listen to the voices that keep telling us 'the storm will be over, God knows best, pick up the pieces.' We listen and we understand and we believe... but the truth is... it's not that easy. It's not that easy to forget, for me, 12 years, for others a lifetime or for some, too little time.

I'm claiming the promises of God and believing that He'll see me through, I know He will, it's not too hard to believe that, but the difficulty lies in the daily struggle... waking up every day to the memory of what once was, to the loss of the only love you've ever known, to the pain and to the tears. The days suddenly seem much longer, you smile but it never reaches your eyes, and you wonder... for how long will it be like this.

For anyone who can identify with my pain right now, who's fighting a similar battle, let us just keep on going. Let's take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. It's hard to see the sun rising over the horizon, when the sun just faded into darkness and misery, but let's keep the faith.

Our lives are not over, this may be a major setback, but we'll pull through. Let's embrace life with as much joy and enthusiasm and fire that we used to. Don't let your circumstances destroy your spirit. God is in control! It's okay to cry sometimes, it's okay to feel troubled but let's try and remember that it will get better. It's just a matter of time. The daily struggle will one day be over. 08/08/08

So often we ask for healing for ourselves, or another, yet it is sometimes difficult to remember that healing comes in many different and unexpected forms. A person may heal any number of ways, some of which we may not even understand. Life is the process and the journey of healing. It is not how we die, but rather how we live and manage our losses.

The loss of a loved one is not about strength or courage or any of the cliché's we all like to hear. Instead, it is about the daily gift of life, and our ability to connect and share with one another that encourages, no drives us, to overcome life's challenges.

We have no control over the death of another, but when we love without condition, and others love us in kind, well, in there lies the miracle of life and yes, healing. Truth of any kind, and especially the truth of true love, will set you free.
06/15/12

"Shadows" For Tam...06/27/2010

She often walked in sunlight
and I tried to catch her shadow.
She often walked in lamp light
that I hoped would never stop.

Shadows take on special shapes
especially the forms of those we love.

But where do the shadows go
when our loved ones are not there.

I hope these shadows don't fade away
but also have their place, somewhere nice.
The feeling that I had watching that shadow
is one I'd like to have again, and possibly twice

And finally in closing my thoughts

On the edge.....

There will be moments when the only thing left is for you to question your existence. Life can be so damned hard for each of us.

There are always days when we get so lonely and depressed. When we cry. When the world has lost its colors. When the rest of the world is happy and you are not.

There will be times when we lose all reasons for living; and problems will seem so hard that we wish there was no such thing as tomorrow.

But then again, we should also know, that they are just another bitterness in life trying to twist the personage in each of us; and corrupt our perceptions about life.

When these times happen, do not succumb to the temptations of giving up. Yes, to live is to suffer and the only way to be happy is to suffer willingly.

Often, the worst of times yields the best lessons in life. We have to go on in life's extremes. We don't have to give up. As the famous poet, philosopher, and artist Kahlil Gibran said,

"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

I thank you for taking time to read my thoughts...

I wish you peace and hope on your journey

Cal821
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821

Last edited by cal821 : May 27th, 2016 at 11:27.