The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Grief recovery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 13th, 2012, 19:04

thanks chrissie for your kind words your such a good friend
ive remembered something that i laugh about at the time it was very sad but when your able to look back it's funny
i have neighbours 5 doors away walt and di we only talk in the street and they always asked how darren was when he was ill a week before darren died they had new neighbours
the day after darren passed i was in such a state i went to walts house and a lady answered the door i assumed it was dis daughter or a relative i went barging in crying saying darrens died make me a cuppa i don't want to be down there on my own and i carried on telling her everything that had happened thinking walt or di would be in at any moment she got me the cup of tea and a man came in and she introduced him to me as her husband it's then that it hit me i was in the wrong house these were the new neighbours i had never met before i wanted the floor to swallow me up i drank the tea and never let on my mistake started talking about the area and said something like welcome to the street and left they must have thought a mad woman lived nearby
i have since got to know them but i never let on my mistake that day

Last edited by hazelharris : December 17th, 2012 at 10:56.
Old December 14th, 2012, 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post
thanks chrissie for your kind words your such a good friend
ive remembered something that i laugh so much about at the time it was very sad but when your able to look back it's funny
i have neighbours 5 doors away walt and di we only talk in the street and they always asked how darren was when he was ill a week before darren died they had new neighbours
the day after darren passed i was in such a state i went to walts house and a lady answered the door i assumed it was dis daughter or a relative i went barging in crying saying darrens died make me a cuppa i don't want to be down there on my own and i carried on telling her everything that had happened thinking walt or di would be in at any moment she got me the cup of tea and a man came in and she introduced him to me as her husband it's then that it hit me i was in the wrong house these were the new neighbours i had never met before i wanted the floor to swallow me up i drank the tea and never let on my mistake started talking about the area and said something like welcome to the street and left they must have thought a mad woman lived nearby
i have since got to know them but i never let on my mistake that day

haze, we weren't of this planet were we. but they do have a wonderfully crazy lady in their street, their privlaged.

chrissie. xx
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:03

Thought I would share my laugh I had last night. I was sitting alone the kids had gone to bed when I heard a bump on the roof I thought what is that so I opened the door and heard the cat meow, so I shouted him in, he come running past me as fast as his legs would take him and I thought ow no he has something in his mouth. He then went and hid under the cristmas tree I went to look what he had and there it was my worst nightmare a mouse in his mouth. I ran around in a circle saying what do I do what do I do so being the brave mother I am went to wake my eldest daughter up. She came down while I watched from upstairs saying get it get it, I had to laugh as the cat had then hid under the stairs droped the mouse and walked off. With my daughter making squeking noises. We did laugh. Something else I hadnt thought I would have to do. Ow I didnt the daughter did.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:33

hi my friend that made me smile your story i'm like that with the spiders i used to be standing screaming on the chair whenever i saw one now if no ones there to put it out i have to leave the room and i won't go back in untill theres been a big search
i read a story last week of a cat that had been fitted with a magnetic collar he used to roam about in different neighbours houses and his owner found a large collection of house and car keys etc from them that the cat had picked up with his collar
love to you hazelxx
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:42

Default laughing

heelo, i thought this was so funny, how daft we all are. your cat was thinking, "oh well i kept these humans busy for a few mins, what shell i do next". haha like this. xxxxxxx chrissie. ps only cats owners understand.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post
hi my friend that made me smile your story i'm like that with the spiders i used to be standing screaming on the chair whenever i saw one now if no ones there to put it out i have to leave the room and i won't go back in untill theres been a big search
i read a story last week of a cat that had been fitted with a magnetic collar he used to roam about in different neighbours houses and his owner found a large collection of house and car keys etc from them that the cat had picked up with his collar
love to you hazelxx
hahaha so funny. xxxxx i got a picture of this cat running trying to get away from the items.
i had a cat who once ate the silver strands off christmSas tree, must have gone through her digestive system, the next day she was running around the house like crazy trying to escape this thing attached to her bum. she was always bonkers. xx chrissie.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:16

its about time we had something funny to add to our laughter thread i forgot to get my washing in off the line yesterday and we have had a really bad gale in the night
first thing in the morning i always put the dogs in the garden and noticed only one tea towel is there twisted round the line half asleep still i peered over the fence and to my horror saw a pair of my knickers clinging to the neighbours bush and one of my bras perched on the daffodills other items all over the place how far down the street they have gone i don't know i'm wondering wether to try the garden creeping method to retrieve them but the fences are a bit high or wait to be embaressed for the stream of neighbours to arrive bringing all my underwear etc back i suppose i could deny there mine if only they wern't so large i wouldn't feel so bad
hope this made you smile today x
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:32

ok 15 minuits have passed now and ive come up with a good plan when my son gets out of bed i'm going to ask him to use his fishing rod xx
Old April 18th, 2013, 19:43

Hazel you are a riot. Do tell - how did your son do with the fishing.? . :-). . You may want to have some goodies on hand in case anyone stops by to return your items.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:18

thanks elaine i managed to get some shirts with the sweeping brush last night my son who was too hungover yesterday said he will climb over today and get the underwear for me if the birds haven't made a nest in them xx