The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a grandparent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 27th, 2008, 18:57

Unhappy is it normal....

to feel like this....

today i went to chapel of rest , as soon as i got in and saw my grandad i freaked , and now i just am shocked & in a way traumatised by what i saw, i wish i never went. But the weird thing is i'm so angry at him for causing all this pain when it's not even his fault. I just don't know how to deal with it all .
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:12

numb x,

I am sorry for the loss of your Grandad. Not only do we suffer the loss of a loved one's life, whether expected or unexpected, we must deal with the funeral and burial. That takes quite a toll on us, not only emotionally, but physically, as well. "Normal" ??? what is normal?---there isn't anything normal about losing someone you love so dear. "Normal" is gone, leaving shock and trauma as you have experienced.

When something tragic happens to us, we try to find reason for it...we try to find fault. Many times there isn't any, yet we want to blame someone---we want someone to answer for what happened. This might cause us to lash out at whomever and whatever we can. In your case, you understand your anger is being misplaced on the loss of your grandad.

This is part of the grieving process.....and each person walks a different path through it.

Allow time for each step of the process---allow time for your emotions and feelings----through that, you will come to heal. Through that, you will come to find a new "normal" for your life.

"For every Joy that passes, something Beautiful remains"