The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a sibling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:44

Shalom in Yeshua Crystal, thank you for letting us know. I will say some prayers to day especially for you and Amie.

You are both in the same boat so to speak. The advice I offer is the same for both of you. You need to talk about the three of them to your family or friends. You need to express your feelings even if that is anger. Don't keep it inside that is not good for you. This feeling of being stuck in the past will pass, if you share your feelings with others.

If this is difficult for you to do with your family then do it here. It is anonymous and no body with condemn you for saying what you feel. Please don't be hard on yourself either, you are only young and have had such a lot of trauma to deal with. It's not you fault. Ask here if something is bothering you or if Amie asks you something you are not sure about.

Now Amie. She is very lucky to have you. Don't try to hard. Let he talk at her own pace, don't bring the subject up unless she is clearly upset and needs comforting after a flash back, if she has them. Just chat about ordinary things. Try to get down to her level and give her plenty of cuddles. She will bring the subject up when she is ready.

Most young children just need reassurance that they are loved, and you are doing this by coming here for help. Children are very resilient but we as adults tend to look at things through overprotective eyes instead of from their perspective. Just be natural, patient and continue to be there for her. Please let us know what she talks about.

You have been very brave coming here and expressing your feelings, which I know is not easy. My brothers and sisters here will all offer you good advice, because it comes for our humanity and desire to want to help, love, and care for you both. Keep your chin up, and keep talking.

May God bless you
Tom
Old May 7th, 2012, 15:14

hi crystal i have just read your message trying to help the young girl who has just come on line and i have been worrying about you as we had no messages i can't tell you how wonderful it is to read your very kind message to her in reading it i know how much tom has helped you and you seem to have come a long way since we last spoke you are a courageous and exceptionaly nice girl i pray you continue to recover from your losses of your loved ones love to you hazelxxx
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:58

hi crystal how are you and amie coping you are always in my thoughts and prayers i know life can be so very hard at times i pray your days are getting easier to cope with. You crystal amongst all have my most regard you are a girl i look up to with so much admiration you are very very special
Amie as young as she is will look back when she is older and will know who amongst all was there for her you have so much love in you i can tell in talking to you and an inner strength in dealing with your own grief my highest admiration is in your ability to put amie 's welfare first in doing this you are saving this young girl from a lifetime of problems it is your love that heals her soul
i will always be here for you all my love hazelxxx
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:00

Hi. Amie and I are dealing with this better, we still have times when it all gets too much for us. But talking to people who've been through the same things as us and me being able to talk to Amie about her parents is helping.
Thanks, Hazel xxx
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:08

well done crystal and it's lovely to hear from you and to find out your progress i shall always be hear for you if you ever need a chat on the thread or privately remember i and others here really care for you both love hazelxxxx