The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a grandparent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 31st, 2011, 21:44

Default 8 years and I still find myself sobing

My grandmother raised me from a baby, it was her and I against the world. I was a dumb teen at the time of her death, but the moment she died I felt so wronged. I was happy she wasn't suffering anymore because she had been batteling cancer for a few years by then. But I felt so alone and I miss her with every fiber in my body. She was my best friend, and I don't know how I can get to a place where I can accept I will never see her again. After all these years I still have this feeling she's right around the corner. The day before she died I was telling her how things would be ok and I would be fine, because hospise told me they will linger in pain if they feel they are needed and she barely got out an, "I love you" to me and the feeling and those words feel like hours ago and I just can't stop crying. I don't know what to do. Sorry for grammar, I'm just writing off feelings.
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:40

Shalom in Yeshua Nick, I am sorry for the loss of you grandmother and best friend. You need to share your feelings here or with friends and family. The fact that its 8 years ago doesn't matter. We are not all the same when it comes to grieving.

She didn't have to say a word to you for you to know what was in her heart, and you will carry her her love with you always. Why do you need to accept that you will not see her again? Even if you don't believe in life after life, she will always be in your minds eye so enjoy the memories.

God bless you
Tom