The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Grief recovery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 27th, 2012, 18:24

Default "30 keys to forgiveness " Part #1 In the Recovery Path

I thought I would post some pertinent information for those of you who are struggling in your grief.. This is all incompassing and also relates to all aspects of your life.. The dealth of someone or something close to us sends us into a whirlwind of denial.. anger... self torment for what we did or didn't do while our loved one was alive.. There is a site called GuideSpeak which I have provided excerps from several in depth articles on this subject...

As Always I wish only to help.. I post the information as a tool for those who are ready to make the choice to help themselves... and not let their grief rule their lives anymore... I am neither a professional or a "Know it All" I just see things differently.. Please feel free to read on... Use the information as you see fit.. Information gives you the power of "Choice" to continue to suffer un needlessly or not with not being able to forgive yourself in your grief..

30 KEYS TO FORGIVENESS Part # 1

Forgiveness is non-negotiable. If you do not forgive you will not heal yourself. If you do not heal yourself you will suffer and know pain. If your inability to forgive persists over a long period you will begin by being ill-at-ease within yourself, and eventually you will be diseased and this could lead to long-term suffering, and possibly the death of your body, with your Soul passing over into Spirit.

Now, what was it that was so terrible that you could not forgive either yourself, someone else, or something else?

You have free will. We will not interfere in your choices, however, We are always, and all ways, available to guide you in your choices.

Because the inability to forgive is so poisonous to your well being We are going to give you 30 keys to understand and apply forgiveness so you can grow through the experience, spiritually, emotionally, intellectually and physically, by not harming yourself.

1. For Giving is For Receiving healing for yourself now.

2. To forgive is not about the other person, people, or events that may have damaged you in some way. It's only about for giving you an opportunity to heal by replacing the fear you have with love.

3. Everything you do you do for yourself. You may think it's for others but ultimately it affects you either positively or negatively.

4. Your ultimate personal empowerment is your ability to change your mind.

5. Whatever caused the situation in your life that requires you to change your mind and "let it go" via forgiveness has already occurred - in the past.

6. It is most probably not occurring now. It happened in the past. The past is tense! The past is over - it's history. The past is never coming back to affect you - only if you let it.

7. The past is only a thought in your mind. You can empower yourself to change your mind about the past and how it is affecting you right up to this present moment of Now.

8. If you allow this past to persist into the present moment of Now then your Now moment will be poisoned and your future moments will be damaged by this poisonous environment.

9. It is now time for giving you the opportunity to heal yourself by changing your thought processes.

10. It is now time to select your memories. Only select the memories where love was present in your life. Let go of the memories where fear dominated your life. You have the power to change your mind. You can move miraculously, from fear to love. You can look at every situation now with an attitude of thoughts, words and deeds being "What Would Love Do Now?"

11. How long do you want to suffer for? Something was done in the past but it's not being done now to you. See the people, or situations, that are showing up now. The people have probably moved on, grown up, seen the mistakes they appear to have made in the past. If they are not negatively affecting you now, other than you affecting yourself with your negative memories about them, then see them for who they are now, not as they were in the past. Now it's your opportunity to change your mind about them and see them as they are now allowing yourself to move from fear to love. For giving you the opportunity to heal yourself, in love, with love.

12. What about when it was you who damaged yourself. How do you forgive yourself for something you did in your past? You change your attitude. Your attitude is that you made a mistake. Lighten up on yourself - it wasn't a mistake, it was a "learning experience". You found out what not to do. You learnt from it. It's only a mistake if you did not learn from it and you repeated it. For giving yourself a pat on the back for learning from it. For giving yourself an opportunity to grow from it. For giving yourself an opportunity to come from love, love of yourself. For giving yourself an opportunity to heal yourself, in love of yourself.

13. What about when you did it, and possibly still do it, continually, mistake after mistake, after mistake. We will get to that in the next point.

14. OK, so some of you are already convinced and are ready to forgive in the understanding of "for giving you an opportunity to heal in love of yourself". However, others of you are not. Your grievances run deep. You want justice, you want vengeance, you want revenge, you want blood to spill, you want the other person to suffer like you have suffered, only worse. Forget about forgiveness, I want them to be in pain like I have known pain. Forgiveness is for weaklings. I want to hear them scream in pain!
Even if it's me who hurt myself, I want "me" to scream in pain. Welcome to the world of addiction. No one can hurt you like you can!

15. So, let's discuss pain and where it comes from.
PAIN - Past Anger In Now, or if you prefer
PAIN - Personalised Anger Internalised Negatively.
Either way it hurts!
Where does the pain come from?
Let's start at the beginning - Who You Are?
You are a Part of God. God is Love. You are Love.
When you deny yourself love, when you are denied love from another or when you deny love to another, you know pain. The emotional pain you feel is the denial of love. It's painful when you are not Who You Really Are - which is Love. If you are not Love then you are Fear. When you are Fear you are afraid. Being afraid causes emotional distress. Enough emotional distress and pain is felt emotionally. Feelings are the language of your Soul. Your Soul is Love - when you are not Love your Soul cannot show you Who You Really Are. When you are not Love/Soul you are Fear/Afraid/Painful.

To Be Continued in Part #2

I wish you Peace

Cal821
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821

Last edited by cal821 : August 27th, 2012 at 19:14.