The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 18th, 2020, 09:05

The Golden Box

Some time ago, a mother punished her small daughter for using a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper she had bought for a special purpose. The family was very poor and the mother was even more upset when she discovered that the child had used the paper for decorating a box for a Christmas present.

On Christmas morning the little girl brought the box to her mother and said: ‘This is for you, mummy.’ The mother was embarrassed by her earlier over-reaction. But when she discovered that the box was empty, she said to her daughter: ‘Don’t you know, young lady, that when you give someone a present, there’s supposed to be something inside the parcel?’ With tears in her eyes the little girl replied: ‘Mummy, the box isn’t empty! It’s filled with kisses that I blew into it until it was full. You can’t see them, but they are there.’

Ashamed of her thoughtlessness, the mother hugged her little girl and asked her forgiveness. A short time later the child died in an accident and from then onwards the mother kept the golden box by her bed. Whenever she was discouraged or had to face something difficult, she opened the box, took from it some of her little girl’s kisses and thought of the love they were bringing her. And that always provided her with renewed courage and strength.

In a very real sense, each one of us has a golden box that is filled with the love and affection of our family and friends, and also of God and the Angels and many other spirit guides and helpers. Although we cannot see them, they surely are there. And no-one could have a more precious possession than one of these boxes.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old September 19th, 2020, 08:33

From 'Reflections On Our World’s Legends'

Wisdom Grown On The Tree Of Life

‘The cause of all pain and suffering of our world is ignorance.’ The Buddha

‘One candle can light thousands of others without its own life getting shorter because of it. Happiness and light never decrease through sharing, they increase.’ The Buddha

To paraphrase the wisdom God and the Angels gave to our world through the Buddha legend: ‘Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it somewhere. Even if it is spoken and rumoured by many or you have found it written in the religious books of your world or you received it from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find, after careful observation and analysis, that something agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to your good and the benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it. In this way alone can it become your spiritual property that no-one will ever be able to take away from you.’

‘Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong. You can be sure that in one of your lifetimes you have been all of these.’ The Buddha

‘Words have the power to destroy and heal. Those that are true and kind can change our world.’ The Buddha

‘Kindness in words creates confidence, in thinking profoundness and in giving love.’ Lao-tzu

‘Conquering the desires of your lower earthly self is better than winning a thousand battles. The victory shall truly be yours and will never be taken from you by Angels or demons, Heaven or Hell.’ The Buddha ‘And in my view, that’s the only battle truly worth winning.’ Aquarius

‘You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire Universe, deserve your love, compassion and affection.’ The Buddha

‘No one saves us but we ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves have to walk the path.’ Gautama Buddha ‘Sayings Of Buddha’

‘Go and work out your own salvation, with diligence.’ According to the legend, the Buddha’s last words on his deathbed.

To paraphrase the Dalai Lama: ‘Once people adopt a religion, they should practice it sincerely. Truly believing in God, Buddha, Allah or Shiva should inspire one to be an honest human being. Some people claim to have faith in their religion but act counter to its ethical injunctions. They pray for the success of their dishonest and corrupt actions, asking God or Buddha to help them to hide their wrongdoings. There is no point in such people describing themselves as religious. Today the world faces a crisis that is brought about by the lack of respect for spiritual principles and ethical values. Such virtues cannot be forced on individuals or society as a whole by legislation or by science and fear cannot inspire good and right conduct. People need to be convinced of the worth of their ethical principles, so they can conduct their lives by them.’

‘The best and most beautiful things in our world can neither be seen nor touched. They have to be felt with our heart.’ Helen Keller

‘It is during our darkest moments that we need to focus on remembering that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.’ Aristotle Onassis

‘Believe you can and you are halfway there.’ Theodore Roosevelt

‘We are what we think. All that we are was created by our own thoughts. With their help all of us together have made our world the way it is at present. When we think, speak and act with a pure mind, in due course nothing but more of the same can return to us. This empowers us to bring about happiness and contentment that follows us like a shadow that no-one will ever take from us.’ Dalai Lama edited by Aquarius

‘Oh Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life and the Angels around your throne, please help me to never forget that there is nothing that can happen to me today or ever that I, hand in hand with You, cannot conquer and overcome.’ Aquarius

To paraphrase a quote from the Paramahansa Yogananda: ‘When you are living and loving God’s way, you recognise in every human being the face of the Great Father/Mother of all life, and their only born Son/Daughter, the Universal Christ. The realisation that the light of their love is in everything enters you into a magical living relationship that unites you with the trees, the sky, the stars, people and all other living creatures. Feeling your oneness with them that is the code of Divine love.’

‘To paraphrase the 14th Dalai Lama: ‘I cannot pull anyone from the hell they created for themselves, in this lifetime and previous ones. Nobody can carry you to Nirvana than you yourself. Everything depends on your own efforts. You cannot rely on anyone, no guru in the outside world. The wise one and living God within, that’s the only truly reliable and trustworthy guru who will never lead you astray and tell you an untruth.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 20th, 2020, 07:46

All Things Are Possible

With the help and will of God and the Angels
And a better understanding of
God’s true nature and our own,
All things really are possible,
Any condition can be healed,
Crooked corners made straight
And mountains of false beliefs,
Prejudices and superstitions uplifted and
Transmuted into Divine wisdom and truth.

If our minds can conceive something is possible
And we believe in it with all our hearts and souls,
God and the Angels will do the rest.
That’s why I now ask you,
O Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
To grant me the gift of Your wisdom
And help me to choose wisely,
So that hand in hand with You and the Angels
I can serve you and together with You work
For the Highest good and the greatest joy of all,
Rising above and leaving behind
The selfish desires and destructive urges
Of my earthly nature.

May Your will be mine
And my will be Yours.
May Your inspiration flow through me,
And Your sacred words and prayers be mine
So that they contribute to the
Peaceful and harmonious unfolding of all life,
In keeping with Your will and wishes
That can clearly be seen in Your Great evolutionary plan.

Through transmuting, hand in hand with You and the Angels,
All influences that are harmful and damaging for
Us and everything that shares our world,
Into beneficial ones that strengthen and heal
Every individual immunity system
And also that of our whole world,
May the 2019/2020 pandemic soon reach its
Natural and happy ending.
In the name of love and on behalf of
The whole of humankind
I am asking that this.

Amen

Recommended Reading:
‘The Great Plan Of Life Unfolds’
‘All Conditions Can Be Healed’

Updated September 2020

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 21st, 2020, 08:09

The Impossible Dream

To dream the impossible dream.
To fight the unbeatable foe.
To bear with unbearable sorrow.
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong.
To love pure and chaste from afar.
To try when your arms are too weary –
To reach the unreachable Star.

This is my quest:
To follow that star.
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.
To fight for the right, without question or pause.
To be willing to march into hell, for a heavenly cause.

And I know, if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest,
That my heart will be peaceful and calm,
When I’m laid to my rest...
And the world will be better for this.
That one man [soul],
Scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage –
To reach the unreachable star.

From ‘The Man of La Mancha’ (Don Quixote)
Joe Darion and Mitch Leigh

In the fullness of time, the unreachable star described in the above song can and is meant to be reached and that by each one of us. Each time we spread new understanding of God’s sacred wisdom and truth, we act as lightbringers and sowers of seeds. Through this we gradually evolve into a light and a shining star in our own right, who is becoming ever more at one with the Christ Star. In this way increasing amounts of the darkness of our world are absorbed into the light of the Star and transmuted into blessing and healing energies for all life.

The materialism we experience during the early stages of our earthly development has its place in the grand scheme of evolution because it gets us in touch with the power of love and the first stirrings of our higher nature. As we ascend the evolutionary spiral of life, its lower counterpart is gradually left behind. Hidden behind the hunger and thirst for material possessions felt earlier on, are the first manifestations of something quite different. They were expressions of all human souls’ longing for love.

There comes a time for all of us when our earthly self begins to yearn to make contact with something it cannot yet understand. With the awakening of its higher nature and intuition, the higher part of our being can merely be sensed vaguely. Although we are as yet unable to give love, we feel the need for it in our life and yearn to be loved by someone. This draws people into our life who are willing to love us and to show us the meaning of love.

Every human being eventually reaches the evolutionary point when we begin to sense and feel the presence of the higher dimensions of life, even though so far we do not understand them, we may not even consciously be aware of their existence. The initially tiny flame of earthly love kindles a longing in our heart and soul for reaching out and loving something that is more than earthly love, that will and cannot die and will be with us forever.
During that phase of our development, whenever we observe natural phenomena like nature’s awakening in spring, we sense that behind the manifestations of such beauty and splendour there just has to be a higher power that brings it all into being. With this comes the realisation that everything that exists in the whole of Creation, therefore also in our world, is the product of the greatest intellect of all, known as the Divine Trinity, who creates even the tiniest parts of it. Notice how each time you reflect on this, a feeling of peace and harmony begins to fill your whole being.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 22nd, 2020, 08:24

When You Wish Upon A Star

Part One

When you wish upon a star,
Makes no difference who you are,
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you.

If your heart is in your dreams,
No request is to extreme,
As dreamers do.

Fate is kind.
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfilment of their secret longing.

Like a bolt out of the blue,
Fate steps in and sees you through,
When you wished upon a star,
Your dreams come true.

If your heart is in your dreams,
No request is too extreme,
As dreamers do.

Your dream comes true.
Each time we wish upon the Highest Star,
The Universal Christ,
The Angels see to it that it really does.

Jesse McCartney
From Walt Disney’s ‘Pinocchio’

Recommended Viewing:
‘When You Wish Upon A Star’

The Universe loves people who have the courage to commit themselves to a task. When we give of our best and send nothing but kind and loving thoughts, words and actions into our world, the spiritual background of our world responds joyously and helps us to remove the obstacles in our way. When we dream the impossible dream and reach for the only seemingly unreachable Highest Star, the Universal Christ’s spirit, Its energies then gives wings to our vision into us and has the power to lift us and our world way above their present evolutionary level.

When this happens, we are taking part in the alchemy of love and through the experiences of our own life we discover that the higher esoteric meaning of the alchemical process is the change of humankind’s leaden earthly part into the pure gold of its higher spiritual nature. Because they thought that with the help of alchemy the base metals of our world, for example lead, really could be turned into gold, it’s no longer surprising that the people of past ages did not succeed with their quest. Taking spiritual concepts literally will never get us earthlings anywhere. The very reason of our present existence is the search for true and everlasting riches. The pot of gold at the end of this particular rainbow is once more hidden in the wisdom and truth of our own and our world’s spiritual background.

Towards the end of humankind’s earthly education every one of us, high and low alike, at last becomes aware of their true nature and the presence of the Universal laws. This enables us to send nothing but good thoughts, words and deeds into our world and when we do our best to bring forth and practise the qualities of our Christ nature in every one of our daily encounters, the leaden desires of our earthly nature are left behind and the alchemy of love transforms them into the pure gold of our Christ nature.

When we ask for healing in our prayers, meditations and quiet reflections and tune the receiver/transmitter station of our earthly mind into the frequencies of the Highest Star and the brightest Light in the whole of Creation, the Christ Star, our vibrations attune themselves to Its white healing magic. After a consultation with the Lords of Karma, the Angels of the Christ Circle, the throne of God, send the Angels of healing and peace to do everything possible in view of the Karmic conditions that prevail in the area and the people we are focussing on. Whenever one of us unselfishly works for the blessing and healing of our whole world, the Angels never leave us. Never forget that when the inner and outer aspects of our planet are healing, the same happens to everybody and therefore also us.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:02

You Only See One Side Of The Picture

Part One

The following is the essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides under the above heading, which appeared in Stella Polaris, the bi-monthly magazine of the White Eagle Lodge June/July 2011: ‘Because God is the designer of the great plan of life and of every small plan within it, S/He sees all sides of any picture. This applies to individuals as much as groups and nations, and all manner of institutions and organisations. God is all loving, giving and forgiving and whatever your heart truly desires is given unto you, so that you may enjoy it and also learn something from it. If it’s violence, warfare and acts of terrorism your heart yearns for, you are allowed to get on with it – though only up to a certain point.

‘Your wish will be granted, but unknown to you at a price, because the law of cause and effect, also known as the law of Karma, in the fullness of time returns every one of your thoughts, words and actions in some way to you. For example, in one of your future lifetimes, maybe while you are still a small child, you could become the victim of an act of terrorism. The people around you would then be thinking and saying how terrible your death is. Whenever they see suffering, perhaps mangled bodies and death caused by mindless acts of violence, they are likely to ask: ‘Why should this kind of thing happen to innocent souls who have no idea why they have to suffer?’ Everything that takes place in your world is of a karmic nature. Good and bad events alike have their origin in that which was done by the people involved in their previous lifetimes.

‘For a long time the earthly mind of all human beings is ignorant of anything that does not relate to its present existence. Yet, as each one moves along the evolutionary spiral of life, their soul gradually develops some wisdom and understanding. And if you could watch the spiritual enlightenment that can be found in any kind of suffering, you would recognise that the misery in truth is a precious gift and that there is every reason for being grateful for it. Your heart would fill with even more gratitude if you could see how merciful God is and how the end of every catastrophe is invariably crowned with something beautiful. A just reward waits for everyone who is affected by them, not only when they arrive in the world of light, but also in their future lifetimes on the Earth, unless all their Karma has been cleared away and they will be allowed to move on to experiences of a higher nature.

‘Compensation is one of the five great laws of life and the greatest gift that arises from suffering is undoubtedly soul growth. But it also means paying the debts that are likely to have accumulated in your spiritual bankbook in the course of many lifetimes. Without redeeming yourself and balancing your spiritual account you cannot be released into lessons of a higher nature and exploring other levels of life. You are well on your way when you forgive those who have hurt and wounded you and your loved ones and place everything into the hands of your Christ Self, you are nailing the desires of your lower nature for revenge and retribution to the cross of earthly life. When the only thing you want to do is send love and forgiveness to everybody, independent of what may still have to happen to you and your world, your higher nature has taken over. You are at one with God and for you the gates into the freedom of the Aquarian Age are opening wide.

‘Our Creator’s infinite love and mercy cannot be known for as long as human beings remain unaware of their true nature and the higher purpose of their existence. For as long as they look at things only with their worldly eyes, they can perceive but one side of any picture and so fail to recognise the tender loving care that provides for anyone who is suffering, lonely and afraid. If during the early part of their earthly education, people get involved in a catastrophe or maybe are just watching or assisting with removing dead bodies and clearing away the debris of destroyed dwellings, they will say: ‘Aren’t so much devastation and many deaths just awful and senseless?’ Their view of life changes profoundly when they become aware of the spiritual background of life and that the higher forces are taking care of the souls who have been released from their physical bodies in any kind of way, including violent ones.

‘Although the victims of such incidents may not realise what is happening to them, the most careful provisions are being made for each one. When these newcomers arrive on the other side of the veil of consciousness that separates your world from ours, the only thing they know at first is that they are alive and moving and breathing in a world that seems identical to the one they used to know. They may not even realise that they have left their physical body behind. With great tenderness and care the wise ones in charge help them to realise that they are no longer in a physical existence. They are under constant surveillance by us, your spirit Masters and guides, until they have become fully aware of their present state. We delight in witnessing their intense joy and thankfulness for the ease of their move into our world. This is the usual first reaction of those who are finding out that it our realm is as solid and real as the physical world, but much more beautiful and easy to live in.

- To be continued. -

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:03

You Only See One Side Of The Picture

Part Two

‘The most tender love watches over the whole of humankind at all times and this does not merely become visible when someone dies. This kind of care has always been with you and forever will be. God and the group of Angels known as the Lords of Karma, as well as many lesser beings in our world are empowered to bring about the conditions that are beneficial for the development of those taking part in earthly life. Although our efforts cannot be perceived by earthly eyes and senses, we only work for that which is good. So, if in future you hear about or witness a disaster, do not wring your hands and say: ‘How terrible! How could God permit such a thing?’ Resist the temptation and remind yourself that you have no idea about the karmic background of anything.

‘To paraphrase words from the Jesus legend: ‘Let those among you who are free from sin, cast the first stone.’ As soon as any kind of situation is viewed from the Karmic angle, it would be most unwise for anyone to pick up a stone, never mind throwing it. And would you dare to throw a stone of condemnation towards the young and inexperienced souls, who are committing such acts? After all, aren’t they your siblings in the family of humankind, your younger brothers and sisters? What they are doing is part of the early phases of humankind’s earthly curriculum, just the same as you had to experience in past lifetimes. Never forget that all of it is provided by God’s wisdom and love. There would be no point in asking God and the Angels to forgive any trespassers against the law of love, because they are standing by and know exactly what is happening.

‘It wouldn’t be your place to forgive those who sin, but you may utter to yourself the following words from the Jesus legend: ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing’. Truly, they are completely unaware of what they are doing to themselves, the same you did not know when you had to deal with the same phase of your development. In those days you too would have asked: ‘Why, if God loves His/Her children, are volcanoes and earthquakes permitted? Why, if God loves humankind, are humans allowed to go to war and commit acts of terrorism?’

‘Human souls find peace when their earthly selves realise that they themselves are the ultimate cause of everything that has ever happened on the Earth and is doing so to this day. It could not be any other way because the Universal laws work in exact rhythms and with great precision. There is a great abundance of everything, but as only through the lack of something human beings can learn to appreciate that which they have, sometimes periods when rain is withheld are necessary in earthly life, to teach you the value of water. The same principle applies to war and peace, but even if the warmongering lasts six thousand years, it represents a mere batting of an eyelid in God’s time.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 26th, 2020, 07:59

Of Good And Evil

One of the elders of the city said: ‘Speak to us of good and evil.’
And he – the prophet – replied:
‘Of the good in you I can speak, but not of the evil.
For what is evil but the good within you
That is tortured by its own hunger and thirst
For the learning that will help you,
In the fullness of time,
To return into the conscious awareness
Of your true nature?
Because the good in you is hungry and
And your soul longs to return to its real home,
It sometimes seeks for food in dark caves
And may drink of dead waters, too.

You are good when you are at one with your Highest Self,
But when you are no longer consciously aware of it,
You are not evil. You are but a divided house,
Which does not have to be a den of thieves.
It is merely that the two parts of you,
Your Highest Self and its earthly counterpart,
Are still travelling in opposite directions.
This state of being can be likened
To a ship without rudder that
Is capable of wandering aimlessly among perilous isles.
Yet, somehow it does not sink to the bottom.
When you have studied evil sufficiently,
With the help and the will of God and the Angels,
The two parts of you will come together again
And brought into harmony,
So that in future they work for you,
Instead of against.

Fear not, if some of the souls in your world
Still seem to be guided away from their Highest Self
And ever deeper into the morass of physicality.
Trust that for them too, the turning point will come,
As it has done for you and all other wise ones in your world.
Humankind’s evolution is a circle
That first moves you away from God,
That which is all good.
The farther you descend into matter,
The more you move downwards.

When you have reached a certain phase in your development,
You begin to move upwards and are then on your way
Into re-discovering your true nature,
That you are part of God and that God is part of you,
And that because of this
The core of your being has always remained good,
Through and through, all-loving and all-knowing,
Like your God Self
With whom you are now consciously
Being reunited and at one again.

For as long as your soul lessons require that
You move downwards, you are not evil.
Even thought your earthly self may still
Be learning to differentiate between good and evil,
Your innermost essence of your being
Remains good and of God.
You are good when you are spiritually awake
And that in thought, word and deed.
Yet, those who have not yet reached this point
Are not evil.
And if your tongue still staggers without purpose,
Know that stumbling speech also serves a wise higher purpose,
That of strengthening weak tongues.

You are good when you strive to give of yourself.
Yet, you are not evil whilst you are still seeking gain for yourself.
Those who are doing this are learning the lesson
Of being a root that clings to Mother Earth and sucks at her breast.
Like a tree your soul’s needs
Vary according to the evolutionary phase you have reached.
That is why the fruit of a tree
Cannot say to its roots: ‘Be like me,
Ripe and full and ever giving of my abundance.
For the fruit giving is as good a need
As the receiving is to the root.

You are good when you walk towards your goal
Firmly and with bold steps.
Yet, you are not evil whilst you are still approaching it with a limp.
But even those who limp are not going backwards,
For all life is evolution, moving ever forwards and upwards.
Let those who are strong and swift,
Make sure they do not pretend to limp too,
Out of misunderstood kindness for the lame.

You are good in countless ways,
And you are not evil when you are not good,
You are neither loitering nor sluggard,
You are merely still in the process
Of learning to discern between good and evil.
Have compassion too for those
Who already are moving with the speed of stags,
And believe that they can teach their swiftness to those
Who thus far only capable of moving like turtles.
Wise ones know that in God’s great plan,
The turtle has as much its place as the stag.

Your goodness lies in your longing for being at one
With your Highest Self.
This longing is in all of you.
In some, it already is like a torrent that rushes to the sea,
With all its might,
It carries with it the secrets of the hillsides
And the songs of the forests.
The longing of others is still like a shallow stream
That lingers in angles and bends and loses itself.
Yet, it too finally reaches its destination.

Each does come to the end of their journey,
In their own sweet time.
That is why there is no need for those in whom
The longing is already very strong
To say to those in whom it is still weak:
‘Why are you slow and halting?’
This is why wise ones who are truly good
Would never dream of asking the one who is naked:
‘Where is your garment?’
Or another one who is homeless:
‘What has befallen your home?’

From ‘The Prophet’ by Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
Lebanese/American poet
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 1st, 2020, 08:14

Loving People Without Liking Them

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centred.
You don’t have to like them, but love them anyway!

They are all part of your own family.
They are part of you and you are part of them.
They may not yet know it, but you being wiser,
Love them anyway!

People may project their own ulterior motives onto you,
And accuse you of having them.
Rest safe in the knowledge that the Universe
Knows their hearts as well as yours.
Do good anyway!

If being successful means that we can only win
False friends and real enemies.
Succeed anyway!

The good we do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do it anyway!

What could have taken years of building up,
Can be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway!

People who are in need of our help,
May attack us whilst we are trying to help them.
Help anyway!

Give the world the best that is within you,
And should it be rejected, do not stop giving.
Give anyway!

The Universal Law of Karma ensures that what we send
Into the world, has to return to us.
Give of your best and only the best is sure to return!

Bishop Abel Muzorewa
African Spiritual and Political Leader
Edited by Aquarius

Among many other things, Aquarius is the sign of friendship, kinship and siblinghood with all life, and also of transmutation. If we wish to be released into the freedom of this age, the masterly conduct that is expected from us demands that we convert all our relationships, especially the most difficult ones, into bonds of friendship. However, it is inevitable that from time to time we come across people who, with the best will in the world, are impossible to like. How about them?

A long time ago, I came across the saying: ‘It is possible to love people without liking them.’ I have to admit that this sounded more than somewhat far-fetched to me then, but through astrology life itself has taught me that this can come about quite naturally. All I need to do is reflect on my interpretation of the Sun signs for the people I find difficult to like, never mind loving them. My heart opens with love to them when I reflect on the trials and tribulations they are likely to encounter during their experiencing, counter-acting and – hopefully – eventually overcoming the dark and negative aspects of their Sun signs. This is an essential part of the lessons every one of us has to cope with in each subsequent lifetime.

Furthermore, I find it helpful to know that underneath our skins we are all one. We are brothers and sisters on the same pathway, and sooner or later every one of us has to surmount similar hurdles on their evolutionary pathway, especially those that arise on the inner level of life. For as long as someone remains unaware of who they truly are, what the purpose of their earthly existence is and what is required from them, they simply cannot help acting in certain ways. I have no difficulties accepting this and whenever something hurtful happens to me, it comforts me to know that I must have needed that experience for some reason. If the event had not been trying to teach me something, I would not have been at its receiving end and it’s up to me, to find out what it is trying to tell me.

No-one says that we have got to be Saints and in my view there is never any need to turn the other cheek. Knowledge of the Universal laws is helpful when it comes to enduring what our Karma brings to us and therefore cannot be avoided. It is easier to forgive when someone has caused me pain when I remind myself that quite likely I have been redeeming something I did to others earlier in my present lifetime or earlier ones, maybe even to the same person. This is because whatever we send out into our world, the law of Karma sees to it that it unerringly finds its way back to us. If we wish to be forgiven for our trespasses of the past, however long ago they may have taken place, it is necessary to first forgive ourselves for doing wrong and then also those who sinned against us.

Is it possible to continue loving the people with whom we have differences of opinions, especially if we do not like them? I believe it’s childish to fall out with each other over something like that. When a situation has been duly considered from all angles, there is nothing wrong and everything right with coming to the conclusion that it is better to agree to disagree than to fall out with each other. On occasions like that, wise ones remind themselves that whenever disputes arise, two persons can be confronted with exactly the same things and perceive them in a totally different way.

Depending on one’s point of view, all participants in any argument can be right and wrong, at the same time. That’s the way it has to be for human beings, because of the different lessons we all have to participate in on the Earth plane. With a bit of goodwill any dispute can be settled peacefully, simply by accepting each others views, even though they differ. The level of someone’s spiritual maturity reveals itself in nothing more clearly than in the ability and willingness – or otherwise – to agree to disagree with others in times of conflict.

With every person we encounter in our daily lives, we need to remind ourselves that there is a great deal more to everybody than that which appears of them on the surface of earthly life. We do well never to forget that each one of us is a living spirit and soul and that there is no way of telling who we or anyone else might have been in previous lifetimes and in what functions we encountered each other. It is advisable to develop the habit of looking beyond everyone’s earthly personality into their spirit and soul because reincarnation means that each spirit, who has to develop its own soul in earthly life, is a Divine spark that once was sent forth from God. All of us continue to come into incarnation on the physical plane until we have become fully God-conscious, i.e. aware of God’s true nature and our own. Once this has fully awakened in us, there will be no need for spending further lifetimes in earthly education.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 2nd, 2020, 07:55

On Religion

An old priest said: ‘Speak to us of Religion.'
And the Prophet replied:
Have I ever spoken to you of anything else?
Is not religion all deeds and all reflections,
And that which is neither one nor the other?
Isn’t it the wonder and surprise that ever springs in your soul,
Even while your hands are hewing a stone or attending to a loom?
Who can separate their faith from their actions,
Or their beliefs from their occupations?
Who can spread their hours before them and say:
‘This is for God and that for myself.
This is for my soul and that for my body?’

All your hours are wings that beat through space
From one part of yourself to the other,
From the Higher or God Self to your lower earthly self,
Its counterpart.
Those who wear their morality only as their best garment
When they go to church on Sunday,
Would be better off naked, so the Sun and the wind
Can tear and burn no holes into their skins.
And those who define their conduct purely by
The ethics of dogma and creed of one religion or another,
Imprison the songbird of their souls in a cage,
Unaware that the finest songs do not come from behind bars and wires.
If your worshipping is but a window
That one opens and shuts at will,
You will never get to know the house of the soul,
Whose windows are forever open.

Your daily life needs to become your temple and your religion.
Upon entering it each day take everything you are with you,
Be it a plough or a forge, a mallet or a lute.
Take all the things you have fashioned,
Either of necessity or for your delight.
In your dreams rise above yourself and your achievements,
And put your failures behind you as the lessons of the past.
Fly on the wings of the knowledge you now receive
Directly from the Great White Spirit and take everybody with you,
So that in adoration you fly higher than their hopes
And humbly join and comfort them in their moments of despair.

If you want to know your Creator, refuse to follow like a sheep
The things that were written a long time ago.
Most of it is likely to be outdated and in need of review.
The religion of the new age is one of the heart
That aims to help all souls, independent of colour or race,
To grow in wisdom and understanding
Of the true purpose and meaning of humankind’s earthly existence.
This religion is a faith that invites all of you
To experience life’s processes ever more deeply.
Through consciously participating in them,
You become ever more aware of the living God and Goddess
Within you and everything that shares your present existence.

Now you can observe for yourself God/Goddess being as much
Alive in you as in your children and everybody else.
When you gaze into space, especially at night,
Discover how even in the stars and the clouds,
The Great Father/Mother of all life embraces all its Creations
With the same loving care.
With every ray of sunshine and drop of rain
That touches the Earth, they seek to comfort,
Bless and heal each one of you and your whole world.
In every flower, leave and blade of grass they are smiling,
In the trees their arms and hands are waving to you,
While the wind whispers words of healing and peace
To those whose inner eyes and ears have opened
To the new religion of love.

From ‘The Prophet’ by Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
Lebanese/American poet
Reinterpreted by Aquarius

From ‘A Celebration Of Kahlil Gibran’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files